• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Using Imported Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sup folks, I'm new.

ANYWAY. I've got myself a set of sounds imported into Units\Undead. It's a full set, which includes the death sound, and it plays in the Sound Editor. However, I can't choose it when selecting a sound set.

Have I messed up anywhere?

Level 11
You have to replace the original sounds.

Example:
Go to and find Undead/Abomination/AbominationAlternateDeath1.wav.
Right-click it, and choose "Replace Internal Sound". Then select your own death sound.
Do this to every sound of Abomination. Now you choose Abomination to "Sound - Unit Sound Set"
field in the Object Editor.

Level 2
You have to replace the original sounds.

Example:
Go to and find Undead/Abomination/AbominationAlternateDeath1.wav.
Right-click it, and choose "Replace Internal Sound". Then select your own death sound.
Do this to every sound of Abomination. Now you choose Abomination to "Sound - Unit Sound Set"
field in the Object Editor.
Thanks, although I did find something interesting while troubleshooting: when I clicked "Use All Sounds", then looked at File Properties, there was a drop-down that asked what the sound was for. There was Unit Selection, Unit Acknowledgement and Combat, among others. I'm planning to test this out, although I want to ask if anyone's done this bit before.

Also, if anyone's interested, the sound file is lifted from a sound set of Harbinger from Mass Effect 2. It's a little lacking, considering most of its speech speaks to Shepard, but if anyone wants the files, just ask. You guys might do something better with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.