• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Using Abilities to Set Unit Custom Values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am trying to use abilities to set the custom value of a medivac. Basically, depending on what ability you use, the medivac fills with different kinds of units. I used the stimpack ability since its an instant.

The first one I assign works perfectly. If I try to make a 2nd ability based on stim pack, and assign a trigger to detect it and set the custom value to 2 to make a medivac full of reapers instead, both stop working.

I have a feeling that the trigger "Unit uses an ability" is only looking broadly at the stimpack ability and not the narrower "Fill with Marines" ability I made from it. How can I get the trigger to look at the sub abilities?

Level 3
I could, but the editor has a little subtext in it when you select the trigger and for the event "When a button is pushed" it says, Don't use this unless you *have* to because every time a button is pushed anywhere it creates network traffic. Which I guess means strain on the game.

Level 10
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - Any Unit uses Medivac - SpawnUnits at Generic1 - Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)
    • Conditions
      • (Ability command for (Triggering order)) == Marine
    • Actions
Where:
Ability = SpawnUnits
AbilityCommand = Marine

So:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - Any Unit uses Medivac - SpawnUnits at Generic1 - Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)
    • Conditions
      • (Ability command for (Triggering order)) == Reaper
    • Actions
would be the other one..

image.jpg

Level 3
I probably need to choose a more suitable skill to base this command on.

How do I get a new ability command anyway?

I made quite a few differ abilities based on stimpack, but all the ability commands came out as "Use stimpack" which is probably the reason why it works fine with just 1, but goes to heck when more than 1 is setup.

Level 10
I probably need to choose a more suitable skill to base this command on.

How do I get a new ability command anyway?

I made quite a few differ abilities based on stimpack, but all the ability commands came out as "Use stimpack" which is probably the reason why it works fine with just 1, but goes to heck when more than 1 is setup.

I don't think you can add new ability commands right now, but there is a way to check the ability command, so there might be in a few versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.