• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Us] Season 3 Now Locked / Custom Map Spotlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Season 3 Now Locked / Custom Map Spotlight

Starcraft.jpg

Season 3 Now Locked
A45VWGNV00OW1311731705939.jpg

Attention, StarCraft II ladder warriors! Season 3 is now locked.

At the end of each ladder season, leagues are “locked,” which means players can no longer be promoted or demoted out of their current league or division, and bonus pools will stop growing. That’s no reason to quit playing: even after leagues are locked, players will still be able to play out their remaining bonus pool and compete for standing within their divisions until the season ends two weeks later. The matchmaking skill ratings which determine league promotion and demotion will also continue to update during the lock, so games played during the lock still count toward Season 4 league placement.

Now that the lock is in effect, Season 3 will soon come to an end. We’ll be turning over to Season 4 during the week of October 24. Season milestone rewards will be awarded and bonus pools will reset with the beginning of the new season. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season though, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match after Season 4 starts.

Beginning with Season 4, two changes are coming to future ladder seasons:

• Seasons will now last for approximately two months.
• Grandmaster league placement time will be reduced to one week (from two weeks) to account for the reduced season length.

Custom Map Spotlight

NV4FWQRKEVT11282872359031.jpg

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty has a talented and robust mapmaking community, and every day the number of published maps hitting Battle.net continues to grow. To better highlight some of these great creative works, we're featuring new player-made maps each week and placing them at the top of the custom games list in the game client for you to download and play. Check out this week's featured custom maps to see what's available!

Map Title: MageCraft
Category: Magic Fight
Mode: Clan TTG
Author: Aphotic
Description: A PvP Arena where players get to choose every skill they wish to use. From Fireballs that push players back to the Gravity Flux that pulls everything around it into it. Using the spells players buy and upgrade to their liking, and a large amount of player skill, the objective is to dominate the arena.

Map Title: Space Zombies
Category: SZS
Mode: SZS
Author: Nathan Tripp
Description: Space Zombies is a remake of map from the original StarCraft. In this survival game, players look to utilize their skills and teamwork to defend their team’s base from 50 waves of zombies.

Have a favorite custom map you would like to share? Then let us know! To submit a custom map for review, just leave a comment with the name of the map and its author below.

Interested in custom maps? If you want to learn more from a brand-new educational show focused on custom map creation, you can check out MapCraft – State of the Terrain. Listen in as Josh “prodiG” Folland and Jacqueline “Versailles” Geller dive into the nitty-gritty of both competitive and custom map creation on ESV TV on Sundays at 11:00 a.m. PDT.

Last edited:
Level 22
Season 3 Lock Incoming (EU)

The fuck... Season 3 was hmm 2 months? I didn't play constantly so I must have lost idea of how much time had passed but it still seems as short as the previous one. Anyway time for laddering for auto promo I was diamond 1v1, got demoted 1 day of doing shit and since then I was lazy to promote myself back plus Russians had come to EU and abuse in SC2 started.. Thankfully my 1v1 Master teammates can help me overabsue the abusers.

Wonderful terrain there. Reminds me what to put whenever making city maps.

I know I may need to get out of the noobness to get my Loss count i.e gogo Master but pretty much what one guy said:

1. Bring back Win/Loss ratio ...
2. Stop this season ending crap ... season should be 4~6 month long if not a year long ...

For reference a war3 season was 1 year (if not more) and so was Season 1 ala SC2.

And yeah GSL mapss!

RYyQg.jpg

Image: TL.net

Level 19
This is kinda awesome, the mapmaking community would finally be extremely prominent from here on heh:)
And season 4 is to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.