1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Uruk Hai Pikeman

Submitted by Fingolfin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Time for some isengard can-openers!

Last but not least in the uruk series, the pikeman. There was some discussion when i released my sindar models about how long the pike could be without causing troubles with attack ranges in warcraft. With this model i made a kind of compromise, his pike is pretty long, but in the attack animation, he holds it on the middle (which is not really the proper way to hold a pike). In any case, it looks good and the uruk has nothing to overcompensate for.

Still, this is the model i am least pleased with, primarily because of how the animations look too bouncy when translated through that long weapon. I also did not bother to make a unique death animation for this one, and the "Stand Victory" animation will need some editing (no way he can wave that pike like that), but these are things i might come back to.

But for now, enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, and i forgot to mention, ofcourse all three uruk models use the same textures. Sweet, huh?

EDIT: Made all uruks wider of jaw and shoulders to make them look more manly. Not shown in the screenshot. Also fixed some triangulation to prevent his ass to clip through his loincloth.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asuDPCBBwo0

Keywords:
uruk, isengard, mordor, lotr, pike, spearman
Contents

Uruk Hai Pikeman (Model)

Reviews
[img] [img] Misha [img] 28th Aug 2013 Moderator's Review: can you make the shoulders of all three lill beefier? and also redo the rigging that 'snaps them in half' in the 'stand victory' anim groovy :)
  1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Misha [​IMG] 28th Aug 2013
    Moderator's Review:

can you make the shoulders of all three lill beefier? and also redo the rigging that 'snaps them in half' in the 'stand victory' anim

groovy :)

2. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i suspect a berserker is in the works, but more than likely won't use the same textures as the other three :]
    i think these models cover 50% of the BFME Uruk-Hai race, anyway ^^

3. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i want to make the berserker too, although that will take some further time. I hope people will find good use of these. :)

4. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is really cool, but I would like to see a full-range attack animation as well, possibly for use with abilities.

5/5.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  5. DESTROYER123

DESTROYER123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice!
    Looks a bit femalish howeve.
    5/5:goblin_good_job:

6. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    stupid sexy uruk hai :]

7. Mickey Frogeater

Mickey Frogeater

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wonder what's next after all the Uruk-Hai are done.....

Morgul armies(maybe including The Witch King of Angmar?)? Gondor Armies(including possibly Denethor?)? Moria Armies? Mordor Armies? Haldir? Galadrial? Saruman!?!

8. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It will be Tombombadil.

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One thing i thought about was to try to complete each "race" as much as i could before moving on, so that they can actually stand by their own and not have to be mixed with wc3 units. The berserker is a given, and i also thought about maybe doing an uruk commander wearing the centurion-style helmet:

[​IMG]

Second, I thought it would be nice with some low-tier elves, so maybe the light sentinel troops which captured the fellowship in lorien? The one who Haldir led:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i think that's about all there would be to do for uruk-hai, unless you include the multitudes of siege weapons they have in battle for middle earth (ladders? ladders)

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol, a ladder would not be that hard!!! I could almost make one out of the textures i have. Although an Uruk carrying a ladder would perhaps be appropriate.

And by the way, I just started working on the berserker, and I tell you, there is no word in elvish, entish or the tounges of men for how awesomely BEEFED he is looking!!! :ogre_datass:

12. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Like to see it soon ! You also can make uruks with mines? Uruk terrorist.:goblin_boom:

13. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't forget to add your cart with those humongous ballista they used, I wonder why they only used it as a pulley instrument for larger ladders in the movie instead of breaking it through walls like from the game :p

Give it some bad ass swing sword animation and we got ourselves a one man army :D

14. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Literally... I loved in BFME how he was his own squadron, while the other uruk hai were put into giant formations when you trained one unit. The berserker was actually equivalent to a whole squadron of troops.

So I'd just fill up on berserkers until I actually DID have a full army of them, and watch them annihilate everything.

15. PyroKnight

PyroKnight

Resources:
    Resources:
    March to Helm's deep, leave none alive. TO WAR! There will be no dawn for Men.
    Helm's Deep
    [​IMG]

16. Mickey Frogeater

Mickey Frogeater

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

This guy should be made too!

17. Total_Warrior

Total_Warrior

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Main units from each race would be fucking godly. Archers, infantry, pikemen, maybe cavalry. These for Gondor would complete any LOTR themed map. Keep up the amazing work.

18. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your elves and uruks are very good stuff! I hope you will release other LOTR models! My next project would be a conversion of wc3 melee into LOTR melee! Good luck and congratulations for your excellent work!

19. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Quite nice model, although makeable with ingame skins. :wink: