• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

upgrading the mercs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do I get terran upgrades to affect the mercs and also the units not featured in MP such as the wraith and vulture. Do I have to change it at the armory and the acutally unit?

Level 3
Thank you! I only messed around with the firebat so far. I was able to get the life armor to work but I'm having trouble with the icon to change. It looks likeI did everything the same as your picture but the default value is btn-upgrade-terran-infantryarmor0.dds instead of infantryarmor1.dds

It did not work set up like that. So then I pressed the browse button and selected the infantryarmor1.dds and it also didn't work. I noticed it reset itself back to 0 and it keeps doing that. I'm lost.

Level 5
It resets back to 0? Do you mean after you apply your upgrade, it goes to 1 then back to 0?

your upgrade effect should read like this:

Actor: "Firebat" Life Armor Icon Set Assets/Textures/btn-terraninfantryarmor1.dds

That is what handles the icon.

The other two effects should look like this. It sounds like you have these two working though. :)

Unit: "Firebat" Life Armor Add 1
Unit: "Firebat" Life Armor Level Add 1

Level 3
I forgot to add the "Firebat" Life Armor Level Add 1. I guess when I kept clicking on Actor: "Firebat" Life Armor Icon Set Assets/Textures/btn-terraninfantryarmor1.dds it would set back to zero. Its working now.

About the terran weapons what is with the extra 1? There is terran weapons and then 1,2, and 3. What does the first one do?

Level 5
It's just like Terran Infantry Armors. In beta, these values had to be included in the extra upgrade, or it would not have applied the effects. It might be different now, I haven't had to redo any upgrades yet.

This Upgrade is also why it's important that all of your Lvl upgrades contained the same value.

i.e. if you added +1 armor for lvl 1 then lvl 2 & 3 had to be +1

If your weapons upgrades are functioning without Terran Infantry Weapons, then that would mean you can use seperate values per Level. Please let me know, so I can update my tutorial if need be :)

Status
Not open for further replies.