• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powerup TD

Im making a TD and so far its pretty solid.

Powerup TD

This TD is unique in that

~Towers can hold Items
~Items are upgradeable
~The Game is all about Powering up Items into your Towers
~Competitive
~Special Waves have Certain Attributes
~Its not too hard and not too easy
~Wopping 100 waves!

To win, you must clear every wave before any other player
If your Castle is Destroyed, you lose.

EDIT: Now 18 waves!
EDIT: Now 5 items!

Try it out and..
:fp:I want a little feedback please

Attachments

• Powerup TD.w3x
    905.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Level 15
OMG! THIS GAME ROCKS! Even though it is not completed, it pawns! The idea i quite new and I really like it. But what is the point of getting more power slots if the powers can't stack -_-. Anyway, I hope to seethis game compeleted and good luck with it! If you need some suggestions, just ask! I will provide some if I am free.
Very good game, I will wait for it to be completed!

Level 10
bad news I'm afraid... lol.

I tried the latest version you have on the thread, got a full house instantly. That's good news because atleast people are still keen on new TD ideas.

One major problem tho... the waves.

The first part of the problem is that half the people didn't understand you had to move the unit down the path. I suggest you make a tool tip pop up on the screen at the start to tell people to do that, as well as put something like a circle of power at the base so it's obvious where it has to go.

The worst part tho, is that it seems your wave triggers are bugged. Only 1 player (purple) got consecutive waves after completing the previous. Some people only got to do a few waves. I did the first wave (as well as alot of others) and once complete I didn't get the next wave spawning in my start region.... which means we all got stuck after the first wave with nothing to do.

I can't give you much more feedback then that, because I didn't get any further. Maybe your wave triggers aren't MUI or something, and once one player has completed the first wave everyone else is ignored. I dunno, but it's something you will need to look at.

Level 2
i think you read my mind.

this was just what the TD community needed, a slick, new TD. I had the idea of making one of these item power up thing TDs for forever.

not focusing on any bugs here, though. other people have some suggestions etc.

i think there should be a new feature, so that you can combine the elements. like if you have siege and corruption on one tower, you can combine them. maybe make it like Rune TD where you have certain combinations. e.g. you can combine siege level 3 and corruption level 1 and it would form a special item.

but since you've put so much work in it, it would be a pain in the neck to do this. however, just a suggestion.

also, the main other things.

i hate the terrain, it's just a tiny square, not unique nor fun.

the enemies move to slowly. this may be attributed to the terrain, but i truly think you need a major revamp on the terrain.

i think all the above would be fixed if you made the maze into a maze td, like gem td, add mazing rocks, and a tricked out terrain.

also, the quest button is a handy function. in most very good maps you will see a detailed quest section. you should really revamp that.

thirdly, the td doesn't feel done. there are 4 buildings, and like 7 controls. maybe add a better scoreboard, make it more detailed and add some functions.

i think if the terrain, quest button, more functions on towers are added, it would feel like a finished td, as opposed to a beta.

other then that, bravo. you just moved tower defenses in a good direction with this td.

as i have said before, i probably asked too much from you to do this. however, just a suggestion =p.

bad news I'm afraid... lol.

I tried the latest version you have on the thread, got a full house instantly. That's good news because atleast people are still keen on new TD ideas.

One major problem tho... the waves.

The first part of the problem is that half the people didn't understand you had to move the unit down the path. I suggest you make a tool tip pop up on the screen at the start to tell people to do that, as well as put something like a circle of power at the base so it's obvious where it has to go.

The worst part tho, is that it seems your wave triggers are bugged. Only 1 player (purple) got consecutive waves after completing the previous. Some people only got to do a few waves. I did the first wave (as well as alot of others) and once complete I didn't get the next wave spawning in my start region.... which means we all got stuck after the first wave with nothing to do.

I can't give you much more feedback then that, because I didn't get any further. Maybe your wave triggers aren't MUI or something, and once one player has completed the first wave everyone else is ignored. I dunno, but it's something you will need to look at.

thanks, ill check it out.

Level 4
I'll try it too, give you some feedback ; ) I love TDs

EDIT: There seem to be some bugs, and i have a few questions.
-I agree with Shaw, be more clear about the moving of the unit to trigger the waves
-I was also confused on why my orb wasnt upgrading... didnt realize that the orb had to go into the upgrader's inventory, be more clear about that too (it may have just been me though, i tend not to think things all the way through).
-I was upgrading my towers i think i had a level... 4 damage tower? Anyways, i clicked speed because I thought it would stack the speed on to what i had... yea, it didnt ='( I, instead, got a level 2 speed tower with crappy damage.
-The necromancers that have the "Soul Sheild"- in my opinion that was a little overpowered, I think it should be hard but evey one of my towers hit it and the shield didnt go away =0

Hope you liked the feedback, didn't mean to be rude or mean.

Last edited:
Level 10
ii think all the above would be fixed if you made the maze into a maze td, like gem td, add mazing rocks, and a tricked out terrain.

That is a really good idea for this game, considering that the player chooses when to start the wave. It gives them plenty of time to maze some cheap blocking towers and will benefit the quickest player undoubtedly, which is what this game is about.

Level 10
A TD is basically a kind of puzzle/thinking game, it's not about eye candy terrain. Besides that, terrain deformation actually makes it harder to place towers and unnecessary doodads just block the playing area.

I've never seen a map with good terrain anyways, so I don't know why people keep going on about it.

Level 4
A TD is basically a kind of puzzle/thinking game, it's not about eye candy terrain. Besides that, terrain deformation actually makes it harder to place towers and unnecessary doodads just block the playing area.

I've never seen a map with good terrain anyways, so I don't know why people keep going on about it.

That last line their intitles you to no opinion on this subject, you cannot critique what you haven't seen. It would look way better with tile variation/depth/hieght. Otherwixe, i give it a 2/5, for looking like it was just thrown together.

Level 10
... It's warcraft 3, not CoD4. The whole game looks like shit to my eyes... no matter how much effort you put into the terrain it's still going to look rubbish and outdated by today's gaming standards. I play warcraft 3 for it's game mechanics and user-friendly modification, not to be impressed by who can spam doodads the most effectively. None of it really matters anyhow, because from the standard warcraft camera view height variation is barely noticeable, and tile variation means nothing when all you plan to do is build towers over it.

Now try reading the two lines above it... aesthetics play no importance when they negatively affect the core gameplay. The reason TD's don't have mind-boggling terrain is because there is no place for it in that style of map.

Stop putting down Just_Spectating's map when you have no idea what you are on about, he's making a good effort to bring a different style of gameplay to the TD genre... so if complaining about terrain is your favourite thing to do then go find an RPG thread to flame on.

You've given your opinion now so just lay off it

-------------------------------------------

....anyways, as for thinking you have fixed the multiplayer bug, I'll download it again tomorrow night and give it another trial on b.net. I'll let you know if it's all good

Level 2
There is nothing wrong with your terrain, but the creeps run too slow, and it takes forever for the creeps to leak to your castle.

He was just offering to help, nothing wrong with that.

Level 2
why would you want any feedback then?

you might think im being hostile, but you have brushed every single piece of feedback in this thread.

Level 8
Map idea good. Nice special levels with necromancers, spiders and bosses. I'm interested to see more.

Only thing that seems bad is triggers.
One thing is that they are fool of leaks but that's ok since that can be solved later.
But thing that really seems strange is way you make waves for everyone. When you reach 100 waves for every player map will have big file size (slightly longer loading time too). There just got to be better way to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.