• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Upgrade/Research as condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

So I'm looking for a way to use an upgrade/research as a condition. I'm makking a custom upgrade where (when you've done the upgrade) a specific unit gets the repair skill but I couldn't find anything to use as a condition to represent my upgrade/research. I thought of Unit type of (Triggering Unit) = *The building doing the upgrade/research*

I don't feel like doing 1 building for each of my upgrades (reserving 1 building for a specific upgrade) because I can't find a condition for it...

So does anyone have an idea of where I could find such condition? (Since I'm not good at JASS I'd like a GUI solution but if you know an easy JASS scrypt I could use please let me know!)

Level 19
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Iron Plating
    • Actions
      • -------- Researched is wether it is researched or not. [1] is "Iron Plating" --------
      • Set Researched[1] = True
Cant fully understand what you mean, but i hope i got it.

This will set the boolean Researched[1] to True when the research "Iron Plating" is researched. Than just do a boolean condition to check if Researched[x] is true.

Additionally, you may do Unit - Add Ability to all units affected

Level 4
Where did you find that condition? (Researched tech-type)

I must be blind cause I looked in every condition and couldn't find anything like that...

Edit:

Tech Type comparison.

Wow... really? I'm gonna get some glasses... I can't believe I didn't see that -.-

Thanks guys...

Level 12
What if, I want to trigger with a specific "level" of that research?
Condition would be in the Integer category.

One Question about all of this:
Why not just use the object editor functionality?
Abilities have a research requirement field that considers research level..

Status
Not open for further replies.