• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Upgrade path precluding another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

first of all just wanted to let any of the admins know that i appreciate this great site, didn't feel the need to make an introduction thread though :p

Ok basically i'm working on a TD map and the theme is that i want people to have two different upgrade paths that they take.

i.e

Code:
                Path A                               Path B
 Type 1      Type 2     Type 3            Type 4      Type 5     Type 6 
Type 1+      Type 2+     Type 3+         Type 4+      Type 5+     Type 6+

And what i want to happen is every x amount of turns the player receives one lumber to spend on an upgrade.

They can choose something from either Path A or Path B. Assume they want something from Path A, and they choose Type 2. Next lumber they get, they want to spend it in Path A again, but i want to make it if they have Type 2 then they can't choose Type 1 or Type 3, but only Type 2+ (have the others greyed out).

Is there any way to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.