• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

upgrade limiting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hi brothers!
i have a problem regarding my map, see, if a player upgrades enhancement specialization in my map, the game will set elemental specialization upgrade limit to 0 and wise versa thus limiting the upgrades to one of then only . but if the upgrading unit already has both of the upgrades in queue, then it will research both of them without interference. so is there any way to pervent this?

edit: sorry for bad explaining.

Level 12
You are saying

if a player upgrades enhancement specialization in my map, the game will set elemental specialization upgrade limit to 0 and wise versa thus limiting the upgrades to one of them only .

but

if the upgrading unit already has both of the upgrades, then it will research both of them without interference

:vw_wtf:

How can it has both upgrades if you disable other one?

Level 13
I think what he wants is
if you upgrade iron forged swords you cannot upgrade iron plating, and he accomplishes this in his mind by when swords finishes making the upgrade level of plating set to 0. however if you start researching swords then while it's researching place plating in queue it cannot catch that you actually should only be able to do one or the other.
I think there is an event starts research and an event cancels research.
have a trigger fire when they start the research setting the level of research available for the UN-chosen to 0. and have another trigger just incase they change their mind and want to cancel and pick another upgrade by making them all available again.

Level 12
When player start resarching upgrade 1, disable upgrade 2.If player cancels resarching upgrade 1, make upgrade 2 available again. etc

• Begin Upgrade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins research
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to UPGRADE 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 2 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Researched tech-type) Equal to UPGRADE 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 1 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
  • Cancel Upgrade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Cancels research
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 2 to 10 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 1 to 10 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions

When player start resarching upgrade 1, disable upgrade 2.If player cancels resarching upgrade 1, make upgrade 2 available again. etc

• Begin Upgrade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins research
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 2 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 1 to 0 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
  • Cancel Upgrade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Cancels research
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 2 to 10 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Set the max research level of UPGRADE 1 to 10 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions

That exactly is what he does not want to happen.

Level 8
thanks every one, i guess i'll go with the start event. that way the player wont have time to click on the other one once the research is begun, it'll have a problem with AI though, which i'm not going to script :D
thanks again, +rep to everyone.

Edit: One small, OR BIG problem : when a player cancels the research while on rank 2 , 3, 4 ,...
the notified research will become avalible again. any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.