• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrade Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I am creating a map in which Heros are just Units, and stats (HP, MP, MS, AS, DMG, ARM, RNG) are increased using upgrades from a research center. The upgrades cost Skillpoints (lumber) that are acquired when a certain number of units have been killed by your "Hero". However, I want the upgrades to be able to be used an infinite amount of times, and I certainly don't want to have to make thousands of levels of upgrades in the Object Editor.

For example, Health Upgrade will add 40 onto your Heros maximum HP, and can be used as many times as Skillpoints you have. So, in order for this to work, I need infinite levels of Health Upgrade.

I tried setting the number of levels for each upgrade to -1, as this counts as infinity in most positive integer data cases. All this does is makes the upgrade have no effect on the unit. I tried setting it to 0, and this just makes the research not show up at all.

So my question is this: is there any possible way, with or without triggers, to make an upgrade have infinite levels?

Level 13
if every level adds the same amount of HP or whatever just make an upgrade with maximum number of levels, you can use "fill up remaining levels" or something like that.

as your units are no heroes, as far as i see from your description, you can't use tomes for it, so i don't think there is many other ways to do it

Level 8
You will need to add abilities to the unit. Each time you use the upgrade: add - Item Damage Bonus +1 to the unit. This will stack unlimited times. You can do the same with mana, life, attack speed and armor.

I'm afraid you can't add infinite upgrades of movementspeed due to 2 reasons:
1: You can only have a maximum of 522 movementspeed
2: Movementspeed ability bonus from items don't stack so you will need to use a other system.

Also I don't think you can increase an unit's range without upgrades. (PLEASE tell me i'm wrong, because I would really want an other method which is reversable)

Level 2
what about tomes?

just trigger at the end of research it gives it to him

yes to increase range u need to but u can make say 10000

put ur base increment etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.