• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updating an aura's level faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a shield system that works with a negative Devotion Aura, so as your shields get destroyed the level of your devotion aura goes up.

It all works fine, but one thing I noticed is that it takes about 3-4 seconds after the change in devotion aura's level to update on your character interface. For example, you can see "Armor 4 - 1" if you've been hit once. If you are hit twice more it will take several seconds to update to "Armor 4 - 3"

Is there any easy way to make this update happen faster? It's not a big deal, so if it involves crazy amounts of JASS then you probably shouldn't put in the effort; I don't want to inconvenience you.

Thanks,

Darwin

Level 14
I'm afraid there is no way to control the buffs' behavior, e.g. their rate of disappearing, when the actual buff is removed or the rate of changing levels. Even if you remove the buff, save the level of devotion aura and add it back, it will still have this delay.

Okay. It's not a big deal at all, but it adds some suspense when your ship is hit and you can't tell if your shields have been compromised or not. Thanks though.

Level 33
Remove the old buff with RemoveAbility().

Buff is an ability ???

@Thread
I have done an experiment, if you remove the buff first and set the level to bla bla bla, it is quicker rather than just change the level
If you don't understand what I mean, you can download the test map below
Instructions inside.

Attachments

• Simple Buff System.w3x
    13.3 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.