• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unreal Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
These are some pictures of my work for making models in unreal engine 3
targeted ps3/xbox360 current gen level. They may not look that amazing but I'm still learning, I'm not professional yet.

258.png

254.png

252.png

261.png

05.png

266.png

269.png

01-2.png

04-1.png

03-1.png

Tank06.png

Not trying to show off or anything ;p its just some ppl want to see what im up to still.
I don't go to school or anything I've never taken a course in anything, you can learn this stuff online if you have some talent and the most important part
are obsessive at learning more and making it better.

Last edited:
Level 15
lol yeah I don't plan on doing anymore guns, that ak was after a long tutorial for my first diffuse/normal/spec map model, I'm focusing on hard surface mechanical type models. Like this i finally got in the engine today, this is the low poly with normal map applied:

2.png

1.png

Glad u like the ship it was my own concept.

Last edited:
Level 20
Wtf? Can you read? I asked him if he could model Characters - Not if he was any good. I can see he's got some real talent from the above images but being able to model one type of model doesn't immediately make you an expert at another, so I think you'll find it's a perfectly valid question seeing as he doesn't have any character models on his website (that I could find).

Level 15
I do have an account on turbosquid, but I've not sold anything and they since changed the site and my model was removed. There's some annoying approval process too, I'll probably try it again some day.

In modeling these days you can be more specific as to what you specialize in like me as "hard surface" for example. There's environment artists and character artists, because both are such wide fields, a character artist mostly does characters and sometimes enviro, while a environment artist would prob never do a character.

So While I probably could do a character, it wouldnt be as great quality as a character artist would be. I haven't studied anatomy and things like they have to.

Level 3
Great pictures, your speech is encouraging, if you train you achive goal. I am going to spend my free time also learning modeling.

just wanted to add that hard surface modeling is a technique.
its not considering WHAT you model, but more HOW.

and yes, vehicles are hard surface modeling...

you should really consider if thats what you are really going for. takes a load of time to get anywhere and a lot of practice. its not only "just make art", but precise thinking of like every factor of the model / shaders / textures.
It takes years to get halfway professional, and then still you wont be a wanted artist.
Wages at the start of your job will be minimum, crunchtime wont be payed most of the time.
and it needs a lot of dedication. i recommend only starting 3d when you are willing to dedicate your "life" to it.
i had to move 400 kilometers away from my hometown for my job, nothing everybiody would do.

@seph: maaan, that gun is highly inaccurate^^ wouldnt work like that at all :p

Level 15
you should really consider if thats what you are really going for. takes a load of time to get anywhere and a lot of practice. its not only "just make art", but precise thinking of like every factor of the model / shaders / textures.
It takes years to get halfway professional, and then still you wont be a wanted artist.
Wages at the start of your job will be minimum, crunchtime wont be payed most of the time.
and it needs a lot of dedication. i recommend only starting 3d when you are willing to dedicate your "life" to it.
i had to move 400 kilometers away from my hometown for my job, nothing everybiody would do.

Thats what I meant by some talent, and obssesive to learn more and be better. xD
This is a great place to start once your good at warcraft3 models: www.game-artist.net

Status
Not open for further replies.