• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unprotecting a map to fix the return bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Some time ago I used to play a map with mates, this one: http://www.mapgnome.org/map-info/45051

The problem is that now I cant host it anyome, when I try to host it im thrown back to the map selection screen; that is the return bug. I read that it's not hard to fix it, but the problem is that this map is protected and I don't manage to unprotect it. I am looking for some help; could anyone with knowledge about this help me unprotecting/fixing the map, please?

Thanks.

Level 28
I've deprotected the map. Download link Unavailable.
Now you will have to promise me (and everyone else here) that you:
1) Only use it to FIX the issue.
2) Do not use your name in the map, except for maybe a small side-note saying you fixed it to make it work for patch 1.24+ in some Quest-page.

I'd be seriously disappointed if you used it for your own good.

Return bug Tutorial.

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you, I will check it as soon as I have time (maybe tomorrow). I'm not a map stealer, I won't steal the map, dont worry.

PD: I'd even say you to remove that link just in case some map stealer is reading this thread; already downloaded it.

Level 2
OK, I can open the map, but I have no idea how to fix the return bug, I don't get it; I have no idea about JASS.

Level 23
return bug is this:
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction
Either replace all references to H2I with GetHandleId(handle) or just do this
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return GetHandleId(h)
endfunction
just search for it in triggers.
Also not only this, everything that is around the same but with different things is return bug(basically 2 returns after each other)

Level 2
Already tried that but my worldedit crashes when I save the map after doing it.

EDIT: Reinstalled WC3 and still crashes.

Last edited:
Level 2
I modified it in the trigger code in World Edit, but that's not the problem; every thing I do and then save makes my worldedit crash at "saving world script" or something like that...

Level 2
It gives me an error cause I have no fucking memory... can someone please tell me how? The guy who unprotected it, could you fix it? It's easy its just that it doesnt work for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.