• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[UNPROTECTED] World Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Words: World, Terrain, Unprotected
Detail: Medium
Author Forum Name: Rispetto
Author SC2 Name/Code: Cat.337

I began creating a World Terrain in beta, and my initial idea was to make it an unprotected map in which anyone could use to fuel the fire of imagination for new map creators.

I began making "The Alternate Future", but soon gave up on the idea, and so I've come back to my initial idea of making it an open map.

It's not the most amazing terrain you've ever seen, but the idea is people can change it to however they like. Not too many doodads, I mainly focused on rain forests when creating trees. All of the doodads are passable in-game (meaning units walk through them) but you cannot build structures ontop of them in the terrain editor.

Here you are. All I ask is that when you make your map, you provide credits to me for making the terrain.

Feel free to +Rep if you use it as well :D

Edit: Also, I forgot to add Madagascar in this version. It was in my final game, however. It's not too difficult to do, so if you want it, make it.

Completion:

Terrain: llllllllll 90%
Doodads: llllllllll 50%
Triggers: llllllllll None
Data: llllllllll None

WorldTerrain.png

Attachments

• World Terrain.tga
    2.9 MB · Views: 146
  • World Terrain.SC2Map
    2.1 MB · Views: 182
Level 5
Well if anyones interested heres a conversion of my wc3 world map, its very very unfinished, but also very accurate. When I converted int it auto smoothed the terrain so lots of small islands will need tweaking, and its not done with cliffs so there's a lot of pathing work involved, but it's top notch for accuracy.

If you use it remember to give credit to Bombaygami(356) (a little +rep wouldn't hurt either).

Attachments

• WorldMap.png
    WorldMap.png
    647.5 KB · Views: 329
  • BlankWorldMap.SC2Map
    201.7 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.