• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units won't show after start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, I was just wondering, I am creating a new map and I was trying to test it on the battle net today but when I play it thru world editor, everything is OK, but when I want to play it on battle.net or just in a regular game, the heroes I have at the start won't show off. I it just a black map, no heroes. What can be the problem? Thank you!!!

Level 2
I tried to play it now on battle net with 4 friends. 2 of them had a hero, 2 of them not, me not too. Weird. And next game nobody get a hero... how can I fix it pls?

Level 2
Your description of your problem is not particularly... descriptive. If you don't post any triggers nobody will be able to tell you what's happening.

How To Post Your Trigger
It is not about the triggers I think? I have just created a map, created some few heroes and put them on the map. Map is for 6 players so everybody has a hero in the beginning, they don't have to click to something to have the hero. And when I test the map in Frozen Throne gameplay or thru battle.net, nobody has a hero. How is that? How come they don't have it if I put it in the map?

Level 2
Here is the map guys. There are 3 locations: red + blue, teal + purple and yellow + orange. Orange hero is still in construction, the map is still beta version, but it is weird how come units wont show up? i tried to play as a red, blue, orange, teal etc., sometimes heroes are shown, sometimes not. weird is that

Attachments

• Another Map for Warcraft IV.w3x
    4 MB · Views: 59
Level 2
check those pics. I try to play it and then I see only black screen. no heroes

Attachments

• testmap02.jpg
    testmap02.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 31
  • testmap01.jpg
    testmap01.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 44
Level 39
I didn't open your map, so perhaps this is covered there but:
  • Disable every trigger and see what happens then. Seems like something is going rogue and preventing the map from fully loading or something. I have no idea what would cause that.
  • Try something like this to ensure that all players should be able to see:
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game-time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and do Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially-enabled visibility modifier for (Picked Player) emitting Visibility across (Playable Map Area)

Level 2
  • Disable every trigger and see what happens then. Seems like something is going rogue and preventing the map from fully loading or something. I have no idea what would cause that.
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially-enabled visibility modifier for (Picked Player) emitting Visibility across (Playable Map Area)
Thank you. I tried and still black screen

Level 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
I tried to play it now in normal mode, not battle net. and it works. wtf

Level 8
It is not about the triggers I think? I have just created a map, created some few heroes and put them on the map. Map is for 6 players so everybody has a hero in the beginning, they don't have to click to something to have the hero. And when I test the map in Frozen Throne gameplay or thru battle.net, nobody has a hero. How is that? How come they don't have it if I put it in the map?
My guess is that this is a problem with the starting area unit generation and you placing heroes on top of them.
Try going into the trigger editor and delete the trigger named "Melee initialization". Then run your map and see what happens.

Level 2
My guess is that this is a problem with the starting area unit generation and you placing heroes on top of them.
Try going into the trigger editor and delete the trigger named "Melee initialization". Then run your map and see what happens.

I deleted all "melee initialization" stuff in triggers and still nothing! Bud funny thing is, I tried it on battle.net and I see only black screen. Then I go to single player and it works fine. Where is the problem damn...

Attachments

• weirdo.jpg
    weirdo.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 21
Level 8
I deleted all "melee initialization" stuff in triggers and still nothing! Bud funny thing is, I tried it on battle.net and I see only black screen. Then I go to single player and it works fine. Where is the problem damn...
Is the map made from scratch, or did you copy it from somewhere?

Level 2
Is the map made from scratch, or did you copy it from somewhere?

I created it like 2 years ago and now I got back to it.

But maybe it is because of this. I have 2x warcraft III, one it is installed on disk C and once i have it copied to the desktop. And I used to open up the map from the world editor not the installed one that is on disk C but from the folder on desktop that is copied. DOes it matter? but it is weird i played this map like 2 weeks ago on battle net with friends and it was only for 3 players. now I added 3 more so it is for 6 players and created 3 more heroes and since that it causes this shit.

Level 8
I created it like 2 years ago and now I got back to it.

But maybe it is because of this. I have 2x warcraft III, one it is installed on disk C and once i have it copied to the desktop. And I used to open up the map from the world editor not the installed one that is on disk C but from the folder on desktop that is copied. DOes it matter? but it is weird i played this map like 2 weeks ago on battle net with friends and it was only for 3 players. now I added 3 more so it is for 6 players and created 3 more heroes and since that it causes this shit.
Why do you have 2 clients installed? This could definitely mess a few things up. Also, you said that you copied it from C: to your desktop. The desktop is located on your OS drive, which is almost always C:
Why did you copy your client, and is there any issue with deleting the copy? You can just make shortcuts on the desktop if that's what you want. You may even have 2 different map directories... with Battlenet accessing a different directory than your singleplayer... I mean... the possible issues are quite plentiful.

Level 2
Why do you have 2 clients installed? This could definitely mess a few things up. Also, you said that you copied it from C: to your desktop. The desktop is located on your OS drive, which is almost always C:
Why did you copy your client, and is there any issue with deleting the copy? You can just make shortcuts on the desktop if that's what you want. You may even have 2 different map directories... with Battlenet accessing a different directory than your singleplayer... I mean... the possible issues are quite plentiful.
I have only 1 installed. In the C drive. The other is just copied from another PC. So should I unistall the C drive and play it from the desktop like before or vice versa?

Level 8
I have only 1 installed. In the C drive. The other is just copied from another PC. So should I unistall the C drive and play it from the desktop like before or vice versa?
You definitely need to run the one that you installed over the one that is copied.
Installations set up a lot of things like appdata folders which are located outside of the game's main directory.
If I were you, I'd store your maps on an external drive, and wipe your computer clean of Warcraft 3, and then stick to 1 installation this time. There really is no reason to copy game clients around, patch 3.1 combines RoC and TFT into a single game, so if it's because you or your friends are running cracks, then just fork over the petty cash to buy the game and get a proper game client instead. If no cracks are involved, then just wipe your installation clean. Make sure that you also remove all appdata and etc.

Level 2
You definitely need to run the one that you installed over the one that is copied.
Installations set up a lot of things like appdata folders which are located outside of the game's main directory.
If I were you, I'd store your maps on an external drive, and wipe your computer clean of Warcraft 3, and then stick to 1 installation this time. There really is no reason to copy game clients around, patch 3.1 combines RoC and TFT into a single game, so if it's because you or your friends are running cracks, then just fork over the petty cash to buy the game and get a proper game client instead. If no cracks are involved, then just wipe your installation clean. Make sure that you also remove all appdata and etc.

I try to reinstall then. I will let you know very soon if it helps mate thanks you so much!

Level 2

I try to make one last trigger so when a player says: hi, it will create 1 footman for him at centre and it did not work!!! it seems like the player I play is not really there. No action for player 1-6

Level 2
I feel like you aren't saving the map in the correct place and then when you go to play it you are opening up an old version. Are you sure you are saving it into this folder when you make changes? C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download

I tested your map on battlenet with a computer in player space blue and we both had heroes

Level 2
I feel like you aren't saving the map in the correct place and then when you go to play it you are opening up an old version. Are you sure you are saving it into this folder when you make changes? C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download

I tested your map on battlenet with a computer in player space blue and we both had heroes

What up, guys! I have a good news! I did not reinstall the WC3, but I saved the map to my desktop and cleaned all the map folders. Then I put my map there again and it worked! I think it was because of what Barbaric Emu said. I had a double map named the same and I was playing other map that I was updating lol. But it was also the fault of duplicate folders of WC3 in my documents. Thank you so much for the help, God bless you all and have a wonderful days! BB

Status
Not open for further replies.