• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Units turn red regardless of proper team color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
This is a really weird one for me, because I've made maps before with no problem. Basically, if I try and make a map and make the player-owned units any color other than red, they become red when I test the level. This is annoying because if I want to make another team red, and I list say, light blue as user, red as computer, the game will put me in control of the red units. I hope people have an answer besides using triggers to manually change the colors- I kind of want to know what the problem is, here. Thanks

Level 1
There are no triggers. It also doesn't set the player race correctly- for instance, I set the player to Human and it makes the pointer/windows undead.

Level 5
Just trying to clarify. You have under Player Properties, Player 1 Red as Computer and Player 2 Blue as User and when you press the "Test Map" function it puts you as the red player and blue player is not there?

Level 1
No. Under Player Properties, Player 1 Red is Computer and Player 2 Blue is User. When I test map, I'm put in control of the red units, and the blue units are my enemy. If I change the red units to, say, yellow units, which are lower in the list than the blue ones, when I test the map, I am put in charge of the units which were blue, only they have been changed to red. Additionally, the units that were yellow are now blue. If I change the blue (user-owned) units to something even lower than yellow, like brown, than the game will put me in control of the yellow ones (they are higher on the list) and make them red, and make the brown units blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.