• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Player Color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hello hivers

When I was trying to finish a map I started a few months ago, I noticed a problem: the units I create don't take on the owner's player color, but 'always' take Red's color.
At first I thought it had something to do with the object data (Art - Team Color), but it's set to "Match Owning Player", so that can't be the problem.
Then I checked the trigger which created the units to see whether the unit is really made for the player I want, which they are.
I've gone through all triggers a few times to see if anything changed the owner of the unit or it's color, but couldn't find anything (and double-checked this result with a trigger that shows the owner of the unit as well).

Now the really weird thing (in my eyes) is that units created for player 1 (Red) are Blue (and the units created for player 2, 3, 4 and 5 are red).

So basically I need to know why the created unit's take on red's team color instead of the team color of their respective owner.
Since all created units are dummies, I also tried adding the player (since I only need 1 actual player), but that didn't do anything either.

I honestly cannot figure this one out, so I greatly appreciate any help that could direct me to the answer ^^

~ap0calypse

(p.s.: map attached)

Attachments

• GuitarHero.w3x
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
Level 4
In your object editor, for units, is the data field "Art - Team Color" set to Player 1? If so, set it back to "Match Owning Player".

Level 28
Try to restart you'r computer and try again. This can be a startup bug for WC3.
Yup, that did it...
The second time I rebooted my pc (I first tried the 'restart PC' option, which didn't work and then 'shut down' and started again, which did work).

Stupid warcraft, I spent at least an entire hour checking and re-checking all values and it turns out that I just had to restart my PC >.>

Thanks to everyone who posted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.