• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Units stack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
You mean like a squad? Yeah, it's possible. Requires triggering. I don't remember exactly how to do it, but I do remember seeing a tutorial on here about it. Try looking in the Tutorials section. Search for like, "Sqaud" or "Leader" or something. xD

To clearify, basically what you want is:

You order one unit to do something, and all the other units in it's "Squad" are ordered to do the same thing? Like, if you order them to stop all the others will do. If you order them to attack, all the others will. If you order them to do a spell, the rest of them will do it too.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Not in Warcraft III. You could simulate it by having the captain as the only intractable unit and the rest are dummy locusts but this would probably look and feel lousy.

In StarCraft II you can link all the units hp together. I guess there you could create such a system.

Level 5
yeah all units have a small percent of the total hp and damage For example if all units in that group have 500 hp together and they are 10 units every unit have 50 hp. The same thing with damage. Units are for example 5 in front line and 5 in back line

Level 12
This is totally dooable , but I personally wouldn't know how to do it. I'd assume you'd have to have a DDS and all kinds of things...Probably not worth it unless you're working on a huge-scale project.

I have seen a tutorial somewhere on this site that did exactly what you're looking for, I just can't remember what it was titled.

Status
Not open for further replies.