• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Units not in same location as in the editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've been testing my map, and I notice something very annoying happens every time I test the map and I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing it. A lot of the units I placed in the editor will just slightly be out of position of where I put them. I use many of my units like I would doodads and give them the locust ability, so that I can make a more animated and interactive environment, which is why this is unacceptable. I decorate these unit structures with various doodads, and since the position is off by about 100 of the editor measurement units, it all looks stupid as hell, and it would basically ruin all the cinematic and things I planned on using for them. Why are you so derpy W3 Editor? WHYYY!?!?!?

Level 1
It seems as though some units do this, they'll snap to a grid. I believe it has something to do with the base unit being a structure. Im in the process of replacing all those units with ward-based replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.