• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units Immune to Stun and movement impairing effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For Movement impairing effects set in a variable the Unit's MS and make a trigger that changes that units MS to the one in the variable every 0.1 seconds, so if it is slowed or something after 0.1 seconds (impossible to notice ingame) it goes back to it's normal MS, but I really don't know. Didn't test it.

Level 8
And for stuns, make sure all your stuns use the "Stun (Paused)" buff

Check every 0.1 seconds if unit has buff Stun (Paused)

Remove buff Stun (Paused)

if your stuffs have different buffs, you need one for each buf

Level 4
For Movement impairing effects set in a variable the Unit's MS and make a trigger that changes that units MS to the one in the variable every 0.1 seconds, so if it is slowed or something after 0.1 seconds (impossible to notice ingame) it goes back to it's normal MS, but I really don't know. Didn't test it.

Didnt worked, it was as if it werent the trigger.
Thanks for trying to help me.

Level 4
tml616, I have already tried that solution and it works. But my map is too big, with many stun buffs and triggers, when I made that is causes too many lag because it have to check periodically the buffs.

But Xiliger gave me the solution, check it when a unit starts an ability, so it wont cause lag!
If someone is interested in this topic and want to know here is the trigger :grin:

Event: A unit begins casting an ability
Condition: UNIT Equal to Target of ability being cast
Action: Unit remove STUN BUFF from UNIT
Wait 1 second
Unit remove STUN BUFF from UNIT
Wait 1 second
Wait 1 second.

The waits are because the missile delay a little depending how far are you or how closer are you. Example: Storm bolt

However, I still need help because there are some spells like Cluster Rockets or Volcano that dont have target but stuns. Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.