• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit type- item table drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, I need to know which triggers to use to make Drop table for every unit, I will spawn unit using triggers so I cant edit each unit on map, also units will respawn so it wont work anyway :> so I need a trigger to add some drop table, and I found something like hashtable, not sure if I can use it though -.- Another thing is that I want to add multiple drop table to each unit or even better if there is any way to change drop table for each unit depending on other trigger, in other words something like choosing game mode easy/hard would change drop chance and items for every unit. I hope you can understand it and will give me some tips or help me create this trigger. Thanks in advance.

Level 8
Hey, I need to know which triggers to use to make Drop table for every unit, I will spawn unit using triggers so I cant edit each unit on map, also units will respawn so it wont work anyway :> so I need a trigger to add some drop table, and I found something like hashtable, not sure if I can use it though -.- Another thing is that I want to add multiple drop table to each unit or even better if there is any way to change drop table for each unit depending on other trigger, in other words something like choosing game mode easy/hard would change drop chance and items for every unit. I hope you can understand it and will give me some tips or help me create this trigger. Thanks in advance.

A.) I didnt Quite understand what you want :/
B.) If i get it right you want units to drop items, but because there will be many units of that unit-type you think that you have to use a trigger not for just 1 unit but for all. But my Question is, have you tried doing that, from the Objects editor?

Level 1
A.) I didnt Quite understand what you want :/
B.) If i get it right you want units to drop items, but because there will be many units of that unit-type you think that you have to use a trigger not for just 1 unit but for all. But my Question is, have you tried doing that, from the Objects editor?

Object Editor? hmm..My units will be spawned via triggers, so I cant set any drop table to them, which is why I need triggers to do so, anyway I found a good drop system:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/item-drop-system-1-15-a-190986/

Level 28
If you cannot set up that system correctly (as it is vJass and you therefore need JNGP and some JASS knowledge to set it up), here is a GUI system (that, honestly, is quite a lot worse than the efficient vJass system, but easier to set up according to me).
It works a bit like the standard WC3 drops, but then also for units that were created with triggers.
It abuses hashtables because I said so! No arguing there! :)

I've tested it a few times and it seems to work - if you have any questions or something seems wrong, don't hesitate to say so (I've included a little how-to, but it may not cover everything).

If you do know how to set up Adiktuz' system, use that one. Mine is a bit limited (mainly because I based it on the standard system, so only 1 item can drop from each table, a dropchance multiplier is not included, things like that).
Good luck to you.

Attachments

• TableDrops.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 101
Level 1
I think its better to use Adiktuz, there is everything explained in his system so I should be fine, I already asked him aboout some things so I should manage, but thanks for the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.