• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit turns away on attack order move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here’s what is happening:

There are a few units that will turn away from attacking a castle. The castle is guarded by two invulnerable towers owned by real players. The computer that is allied with the players owns the castle. The units in questions are owned by an enemy computer.

The wagon unit turns away from attacking the castle and retreats. I’ve done the following suggestions on searching a solution:

A.I disabled Guard Position for computer owned units.

Turned can flee to false

Tried changing the towers classification to ward.

I have a 10 second time that sends the units forward. I know that I can decrease that time, but that is my last minute solution, as that would affect units in the middle of casting abilities.

Any other suggestions or idea as to how this can be resolved?

Level 4
0GFvv65.png
Yes, I am mean run away. And here is what I tested. The unit stops at about the targeting range. Here is a photo from it
PAHnhdF

Level 39
For kicks, make the towers vulnerable to see if that fixes the problem. I know it's not the solution you want, but it could help narrow down a workaround if that's it. If that wagon can attack and would be moved off course by the now-vulnerable towers, also put them up on cliffs to see if you get the same or different behavior.

Level 4
It seems that certain units, despite having all the requirements to attack proficiently as the rest, have some underlying AI codes applied to them. The wagon unit, being primarily a non attacking unit, is treated by prescripted AI that is met by certain circumstances. In this case, having towers that are on the same level terrain as it.

Moving the towers up 1 level of terrain made it so that they stopped running away when drawing near. The problem is fixed in so much that if one wants to avoid the issue, they would have to either A) increase the terrain for the towers by 1 level or B) increase the frequency of the attack-move triggers.

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.