• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Throws Another Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
ok so now i have a trebuchet in my map.
the trebuchet got its own inventory from which it can throw rocks, other items and most importently units.

so i want to give throwable items an ability that the trebuchet can use, it's should be simple and like a standard attack with changing range, dmg and other stuff from item to item.

the throwable units will also be represented by items and will work the same general way but the unit should be created in the point of the projectile landing (which should look like the unit and not die on impact with alot of blood).

so how do i do it? i think i just need a good ability to base this on and im ok. any suggestions?

Level 7
I think i just need a summon spell with missle art, i tried just taking a summon spell and adding it missle art and it didnt work.

Level 2
So you essentially want an item that represents, say, a footman, and then you click on the item, click on the target, and it sends a footman flying to that location, who becomes the unit upon landing, aye?

As you already pointed out, using a projectile of the unit causes the unit to play it's death animation on hit.

What I would suggest is that you have the footman UNIT be launched from the beginning, as in rather than a projectile that lands and creates a footman, a footman that is created and thrown across to the point.

If you wanted to do this, you'd have to trigger it so the catapult item would still target an area and everything, but upon use a trigger would spawn a unit according to the item (you'd have to specify that) which is then launched using a periodic trigger and instant move actions. Also changing the unit's flying height for an arc.

I'm not sure if I correctly understood what you were asking, but I hope this is helpful.

Level 7
yeah, that's what i meant.
i was playing around triggers and couldnt find a command that lowers fly hight, so how do you do that?

Level 2
To lower fly height, just use the animation - set unit flying height (or something like that) to current flying height of the unit -20 or whatever number you want.

Level 7
in this command, what does the "rate" says? in my trigger if i put it above zero the unit never gets down and if i put it on zero the unit gets down instently.

Status
Not open for further replies.