• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
They are available as integers under the heading Hero - Hero Attribute. If you are trying to use this somewhere the game expects a real number you will have to convert it from an int to a real.

Also what deepstrasz said about this not at all being the right forum to ask these sorts of questions in.

Level 4
They are available as integers under the heading Hero - Hero Attribute. If you are trying to use this somewhere the game expects a real number you will have to convert it from an int to a real.

Also what deepstrasz said about this not at all being the right forum to ask these sorts of questions in.
What I need is to see the statistics plus the bonuses for my statistics table

Level 39
use
your
brain

Or ask a better question. What value are you trying to get that you cannot get? You asked how to get unit stats. I told you the way to get Int/Agi/Str. This includes a way to get bonus attributes as well if you had bothered to look. You can also access unit current/max life and mana via Unit - Property which is a real value not an integer.

Level 4
use
your
brain

Or ask a better question. What value are you trying to get that you cannot get? You asked how to get unit stats. I told you the way to get Int/Agi/Str. This includes a way to get bonus attributes as well if you had bothered to look. You can also access unit current/max life and mana via Unit - Property which is a real value not an integer.
What happens is That I want to see the regeneration of life and mana than with the normal pathways I can only see theregeneration without the bonuses base regeneration without the bonuses

IMG_20220502_022757.jpg

Level 39
Now that you were more specific in your question I can help you, thanks for listening.

That's not something you can learn directly. You can only know total life/mana regen by duplicating the unit, damaging it, and waiting for a tick of regeneration. That process literally takes time to complete and is probably not extremely accurate. An alternative solution is to remove default unit hp/mp regen from the game and trigger it all yourself manually. Then you would know the value at any given point.

Level 4
Now that you were more specific in your question I can help you, thanks for listening.

That's not something you can learn directly. You can only know total life/mana regen by duplicating the unit, damaging it, and waiting for a tick of regeneration. That process literally takes time to complete and is probably not extremely accurate. An alternative solution is to remove default unit hp/mp regen from the game and trigger it all yourself manually. Then you would know the value at any given point.
I know how to put the base regeneration plus the bonus for the attribute, the mess is that when you acquire an external bonus example an item shows that bonus

Level 39
Yes, dealing with items or buffs that change your regeneration stat in some way are going to be the hardest things to work around. As I said, you can either:
  1. Remove ALL REGENERATION from your map by setting the appropriate gameplay constants and object editor fields to 0. Then completely trigger ALL REGENERATION in your map manually. This includes values from acquired items, etc.

2. Build a database of all possible regeneration effects in your map (due to base regen, abilities, buffs, items, etc.). Any time you want to know the current regen of the unit in order to update that UI frame... figure out which of these effects the unit is currently affected by (dpending on the source of these regen buffs the way to check if they are present will be different), and then compute the current regen value.

Level 4
Yes, dealing with items or buffs that change your regeneration stat in some way are going to be the hardest things to work around. As I said, you can either:
  1. Remove ALL REGENERATION from your map by setting the appropriate gameplay constants and object editor fields to 0. Then completely trigger ALL REGENERATION in your map manually. This includes values from acquired items, etc.

2. Build a database of all possible regeneration effects in your map (due to base regen, abilities, buffs, items, etc.). Any time you want to know the current regen of the unit in order to update that UI frame... figure out which of these effects the unit is currently affected by (dpending on the source of these regen buffs the way to check if they are present will be different), and then compute the current regen value.
Thank you very much, and a lot of work

Level 4
Also a tip to screenshot if you use Windows:
  1. Press PrintScreen button
  2. Open Microsoft Paint
  3. 'Paste'
  4. Select the area you want to show with the ▯ tool
  5. 'Crop'
  6. 'Save'
I'm using mobile data I don't have internet in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.