• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit OwnerShip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am working on a map were a unit triggers a group of neutral passive units, switch ownership to triggering unit. Have Try everything i could think of, I have a dragon that works fine but i can not get the group of units to work. I am very new to map making, and hence only use WE to make my triggers. The group of units are in a region too.

I also I plan on having multiple units like this, and some with auto revive. Should I switch out the orc race and add my new race in since I will not be using them in my game.

Any info or help would be nice. Thanks.

Level 2
You probably should post your Trigger here so its easyer to understand. But if im getting this right. you are wondering how to use Unit-Group triggers, right?

If thats so, you will have to add all the units you want to refer to, to the unit group first. Im not at my WE right now, so from the top of my head:

Unit Group - Add -<Neutral Passive Unit> to <Your Unit Group>
Do this for all the units you want to add to the group.

Now you can refer to the whole unit group using.

Unit Group - Pick all players in <Your unit Group> and do <action>
(you can do <Multiple actions> to if you need)

So your trigger will look something like this.

--------------------
--------//Trigger1//
--------------------

Event - Map initialization

Condition -

Action -
Unit Group - Add -<Neutral Passive Unit> to <Your Unit Group>
// Repeat as nessesary//

--------------------
-------//Trigger2//
--------------------
Event - A unit enters <Region>

Conditon - Entering unit equals to <Your Unit>

Action
Unit Group - Pick all units in <Unit Group> and do <muliple actions>
|
-->Loop
Unit - Change ownership of (Picked Unit) to owner of (triggering unit)

Ok, hope I remember right, but I think that was all.

Cheers,
Orbit

Status
Not open for further replies.