• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit models not centred to location?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I noticed that if I apply effects to the location of certain units (priest, footman, spellbreaker etc), the effect does not align properly with the unit model -- usually looks to be shifted to the right. If I instead were to place the effect at the unit's origin as opposed to its location, it aligns perfectly. I would assume no difference between the unit's origin and its location, if the origin is placed at (0,0,0) in the model (which it effectively is for all of those units). Could you please give me a hint?

Picture is the "erroneous" footman with an offset rally point, and an archer with a perfectly centred rally point for reference. Rally points are applied to the unit's location.

Attachments

• woah.png
    woah.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 13
Level 1
It has to do with the unit's Collision Size.

Increase the Footman's collision size to 32 and you'll see it becomes centered again.
Thank you! Collision of 16-31 appears to de-centre it. It's a bit unfortunate since these would feel like the right collision values for some units.

Status
Not open for further replies.