• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit is so big you can't see it fast enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a giant starship unit with mini units on top of it (guns). The problem is the starship's actual location is often off the map, so the computer doesn't render it when you are far enough away, but the guns on top of it are rendered and hover in mid-air.

The problem is the ship's model is very large, so the front of the ship should be showing on your screen when you get closer to it, but it doesn't show until the middle of the ship is on your screen, at which point the whole ship pops into existence.

I really hope this made sense.

Level 14
I think what he means is that the scaling value of his ship is huge and when the player tries to look at the ship, the player can't see it until the camera is looking at the middle of his ship. I think he doesn't want the ship to "vanish".

Yes, I'm sorry, that is what I need.

The problem is the ship is invisible until the middle of it is on your screen. Then it just "pops" up. I would like it so if the camera scrolls to the front of the ship, you can see it.

There is a tutorial on WC3Campaigns: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90920 but I'm not sure that's the same problem I'm having. I can't tell what that tutorial addresses.

Level 14
UPDATE:

I still have a problem. I've opened the model with War3ModelEditor. Then I went to model properties and change the Min Extent numbers (which were negative) to more negative numbers. I increased the numbers in the Max Extent column to higher positive numbers.

The model still disappeared at the edge of the screen. So I made the positive numbers 5500 and the minimum -5500 or so. It still disappears at the edge of the screen. Am I doing something wrong here?

Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.