• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cargo Hold Size Increase Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, I am currently working on a custom map that involves transport ships. After some testing, I found out the ability: cargo hold (ship) limit is 10 and increasing it will result in a game crash when loading units.

After some research I found bits and pieces of information regarding this issue. Apparently, it's a game problem and the only workaround involves the devour ability and I think charm ability?

Also, I remember playing a custom map sometime last year with a transport ship capable of loading 20 units.

I would very much like a kind expert to teach or show me how to create a transport ship capable of loading and unloading 20 footman.

Level 1
I recently made a bunker system that allows you to specify a cargo size (with no limit), but at the moment it is tailored to suit the bunker needs.

I can rework it a little bit to support transport ships.

That would be much appreciated! Hope to hear from you :)

Level 25
Attached!

As a bonus, the units can attack from the transport. If you don't need that functionality, I can further strip down the system for you.

You might want to play around with the floating text size, it looked quite bad with 20 capacity.

Also, you should set unit follow distance in gameplay constants to 100-150.

Attachments

• CustomBunkerSystem008.w3x
    35.8 KB · Views: 304
Level 1
Attached!
You might want to play around with the floating text size, it looked quite bad with 20 capacity.

Also, you should set unit follow distance in gameplay constants to 100-150.

The floating text size is pretty neat!

It becomes apparent that some units cannot be loaded into certain structures; peon cannot enter Blacksmith. Had to add extra units.

The load bar that appears when loading units into the siege engine, is it custom?

Is "unit follow distance" in gameplay constants anything to do with my unit following/chasing an enemy unit?

Level 25
It becomes apparent that some units cannot be loaded into certain structures; peon cannot enter Blacksmith. Had to add extra units.

- yep that's the whole point of the system - you have to customise every interaction.

The load bar that appears when loading units into the siege engine, is it custom?

- Yes. You can change the size in CBS Float Passive.

Is unit follow distance to do with following an enemy unit?

- Follow distance to do with right-clicking an allied unit to follow and copy its actions. By default this range is higher than what looks good for loading units, so either you have to click twice, increase the cargo range, or reduce follow range.

Status
Not open for further replies.