• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Unit gets removed ability after 1 second back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey there -.-' its me again..... im getting new random bus everyday it sucks... well nvm.... my sfx works all now again.. but for some reason one thing is bugged now ....

my new hero is like this.. every spell adds x stacks to the target..

i added a passiv spell (endurance aura) with 10 levels.
and everytime a target should get a stack i give him the ability. for every new stack i up the level of the ability.

like this:
1 stack = ability level 1
2 stacks = ability level 2
3 stacks = ability level 3

then a loop starts and after 4 seconds the target gets -1 stack(recude the ability by 1 level). if he have only 1 left it gets removed. and becasue of the endurance aura the target have a buff on it. so i see if he still have stacks or not. everything works fine. the target get stacks and they get removed. but if they get removed the target gets after 1 second the endurance aura again. for no reason.

i got 4 spells which adds stacks. and everytime the target gets an stack i let a text appear (adding stack). same with remove. if he gets the first stack the text "adding stack" appears. after 4 seconds the text "remove stack" appears. the buff also dissapears. but then after 1 sec he gets the endurance aura (+buff)(stack ability) again... !!WITHOUT a text!!!

so why do the unit gets the ability again? i dont get it.. i cant post triggers becasue people who are interested in nsaw would know the new hero.. so perhaps someone know this bug or can give me tips?

Level 8
The hero is getting the ability again from some other source, most likely a rouge trigger. With the limited information you give that is the best we can deduce.

no that cant be... the enemy gets the ability on 4 spells(trigger). everytime i add the ability i let a text appear. and i use the ability ONLY on this character. noone else. but when i remove it he gets it back after 1 sec without a text. thats what is killing me. so the enemy doesnt get the ability from the 4 spells(trigger). also i dont give that ability by another trigger.
and i cant post the trigger becasue it should be a suprise for the guys who are guessing who my next hero is. but i can send you my map dr super good. you look for 10 mins over it and perhaps fix it or not

Level 8
So i fixed this... im such an idiot :D

instead to delete the abillity i ONLY deletet the buff from the enemy. i just forgot to delete the ability as well. xDDD

so the enemy got the aura ability and gets the buff from the aura, then i removed the buff from the aura but forgot to delete the aura abillity as well. and after 1 sec he got the buff from the aura again.

well and that took me a week to realize >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.