• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Stacking Ability (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello guys, I am making a new ability that is related to stacks, when you cast the ability, it leaves a buff, and when the unit dies and it still has the buff, it will add 1 stack and these stacks will add damage to his other abilities. Well, my problem is, I don't know how to do, or possibly trigger on adding stacks when the unit dies with the buff... D:

Level 7
You can use Damage Engine on your map
When you cast the ability
set Buff_caster[Custom value of target unit] = Trigger unit

Then in a damage trigger you check
DamageEventAmount more than life of target unit
DamageEventTarget has YourBuff equal true

Then, you add the stack to the caster, already saved in a variable

Level 7
Hello guys, I am making a new ability that is related to stacks, when you cast the ability, it leaves a buff, and when the unit dies and it still has the buff, it will add 1 stack and these stacks will add damage to his other abilities. Well, my problem is, I don't know how to do, or possibly trigger on adding stacks when the unit dies with the buff... D:
Whats your knowledge with creating triggers?

Level 5
You can use Damage Engine on your map
When you cast the ability
set Buff_caster[Custom value of target unit] = Trigger unit

Then in a damage trigger you check
DamageEventAmount more than life of target unit
DamageEventTarget has YourBuff equal true

Then, you add the stack to the caster, already saved in a variable

Do u know any DDS that are easy to use?

Whats your knowledge with creating triggers?

If i could rate my self 1-10, i would be 6

Level 7
He's giving you hints of what you could do.

Basically you need variables to store your stacks and re add the buffs with triggers when the unit is revived (supposing it's a hero), otherwise you will need to use unit-type to control that.

Basically add one to your variable whenever the hero dies and as it revives (you probably control the way your hero revive) you need to re add the buff again to you hero (based on the amount of stacks).

There are a lot of systems you can use to add arbitrary stats (damage/armor/attributes) to your units, such as [System] Bonus Mod & SetUnitMaxState

Last edited:
Level 21
Correct me if there is a workaround, but last i checked dying units do not hold buffs.

edit: Oh nevermind second post already mentioned a way to get past this.
The linked damage detection system works well, i confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.