• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unit from diffrent mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi,

I made a game with dependincies Swarm Multi (mod). So I used this mod for all me units (of heart of the swarm)..

I want to add this following units to my game:

- Levithian (hots)
- Odin (hots)
- Hybrid (hots)

If I check, all these following units are in Swarm Story (campaing) MOD..
But, if i will open this mod, mayb its disturbing all my other unit in data who are taken from the Swarm multi (MOD)..

The only thing I want, is to add those 3 units which are listed above to add to my game..

Is there a way, to add some units from other mods, instead to load a whole mod just for 3 units??

If there is not.. Is there a way to load a extra mod, without its interfering with everything I have done so far with the Multi Swarm (MOD).. which i worked with like for 5 months now...

Thanks in advance..

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there a way, to add some units from other mods, instead to load a whole mod just for 3 units??
Without duplicating the data, no.

If there is not.. Is there a way to load a extra mod, without its interfering with everything I have done so far with the Multi Swarm (MOD).. which i worked with like for 5 months now...
Changes declared in your map/mod will always be on top of all other mod changes. As such the fields you changed will remain changed.

Fields you did not change for units could be changed. You can, however, set these fields back to a previous dependency but it does mean you should check through every entry modified in case an unwanted change was made.

Level 4
I see..

Is it possible to copy or cut, paste data from one file to another? So i can screw with the mods in a diff file to get the things I need to the correct file..

If I add a new mod.. Use that data to duplicate those 3 units.. After that I saved, cuz you cannot delete a mod without saving, I tried to delelte the mod.. It tells me he cant delete this mod cuz there are many things in use, and its showing me a never ending list of all data (he uses).. But the only thing I did, was add mod, duplicate the units I want and then delete the Mod (but unfortunate the deleting part wasnt possible)..

Or wasnt that what you mentioned?

In me game every unit (from de swarm mod i use) has been modified (changed supply) and also the structures i use..

So there isnt any unit that has its own default settings.. So if i'm right none of these units will be interferred by this new mod..?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The actual data (not Data editor data) is in the mod file. If you remove the Mod file all the data would go missing so you will get missing file errors.

The simplest solution is to use the mod and then check if any entries have been damaged by it. Since user made changes are always on top, they will not be altered. Only fields you have not modified could be altered.

Level 4
Aaaah, I c.. All units which are used from data are modified, except a few upgrades for abilities or stats.. I think it wouldnt damage the game.. Thanks for the information..

Status
Not open for further replies.