• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Unit Duplication Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, anyone shocked?
I'm having problems with duplicated units.
Or more importantly, duplicated weapons for those units.
My duplicated weapons seem to have two effects on them, and I only want one.
I have 3 effects I made, that deal damage.
They are;

Unit - 1 Damage
Unit - 2 Damage
Unit - 3 Damage

You can obviously tell what they do.
The duplicated weapon has Unit - 2 Damage, and also Unit - 3 Damage.
However ingame the unit only does 3 total damage per shot (which is what I want).
I switched it a bit earlier. It used to be 2 damage.
When I changed the effect it uses, it made it so they use both.
The only side effect to this is having it display ingame that the weapon is doing 2 damage (browsing over the weapon icon) when it reality it is doing 3.
For obvious reasons, I need to fix this.

Any solutions?

Last edited:
Yes but there is some kind of issue and I cant seem to de-link.
My only option thus far is to completely delete the effects, save the map, and then re-create them so that the weapon is not linked to them anymore.
It's a big pain in the ass :(

Edit: Also if anyone has any information, I have another duplication issue.
When I duplicate a marine, the effect from firing his weapon is not transferred over.
I've duplicated the actor of the unit because if I don't it creates all kinds of problems and I don't even see the unit.
I know the animation (the light coming from the gun) has something to do with the marine actor, but I can't seem to find where it is broken.

Blizzard REALLY needs to fix their galaxy editor. I'm running into ALL kinds of problems and I have NO way of creating links between actors, effects, animations, etc. The only way to edit one is to duplicate the unit and hope to god the duplicated unit is linked to the duplicated effect, models, sounds etc.
Sometimes when I duplicate a unit it duplicates the effects/models/sounds but it is still linked to the parents and I cant change the link. Its really starting to f-in piss me off.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You open its actor events field, copy the existing link to the normal gause rifle effect and then change the copied events to refference your custom damage effect. Be aware they may have a state appeneded to the end which you will also need to set (changing refferenced object resets that).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That is because some fields use a default naming scheme. These fields are not updated automatically when duplicating data to point at the duplicate copies so they become null references.

This is why you should never duplicate whole blocks of data. You should duplicate an element at a time and make sure everything links to it that should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.