• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Crash] Unit Data Causing Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a problem that I had about a year ago and was temporarily resolved, but has began to occur again. I'm working on a map that crashes every time I interact with certain structures. At the moment, it just seems to be the Orc barracks and Arcane Vault (as well as units that use them as their default). The arcane vault crashes the map as it loads, and the barracks crashes the map when selected. Resetting the unit data fixes the problem, but that is something I am unwilling to do, as I have been working on this map for a couple years now.

I've attached the object data and an image of the map summary, if anyone would care to take a look at them.

Object Data

Attachments

• mapsummary.png
    mapsummary.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 88
Don't edit the default unit, just make a copy? Post the changes to the unit(s) causing issues as well (screenshot).

I've attached a screenshot of the barracks' settings. As for the arcane vault, here's the kicker: it's using the default settings.

Do you by any change use a Mac computer and does those buildings, train units/have abilities, which uses imported icons?

My computer is running Windows 7, but the map was created on a computer running Windows XP. No imported icons are used on the Arcane Vault (including on its abilities and sold items). There is at least one unit constructed by the barracks that uses a custom icon, but it is not initially available to any players and is not shown in the command card when selected.

A common crash is that you have a loop in dependency equivalents.

Interesting. I have a dependency loop on the barracks. I tried removing the dependency equivalencies on the barracks as well as the unit causing the loop and the crash persisted. I then removed the dependency equivalencies on all orc structures (both custom and standard) and that fixed all the orc structures and the arcane vault (how!?!?). I'm going to explore this a bit further. I'm using a backup copy of the map so I can freely mess it up. I'm going to repeat this process on a good version of the file and see if I get similar results.

Attachments

• barracks.jpg
    barracks.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 107
My computer is running Windows 7, but the map was created on a computer running Windows XP. No imported icons are used on the Arcane Vault (including on its abilities and sold items). There is at least one unit constructed by the barracks that uses a custom icon, but it is not initially available to any players and is not shown in the command card when selected.

Yeah. Since it also happens with the vault AND you use Windows then that's not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.