• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Arcane Vault is crashing Warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue what's going on here. Whenever I place an Arcane Vault into my map, my map can no longer load. This is the case through the Test Map feature and through the custom games menu in Warcraft III. I had slightly modified the settings of the Arcane Vault (abilities, items sold, pathing map), so I figured I may have messed up there. I reset these settings and still suffered from the same problem. Not only does Warcraft III crash when an Arcane Vault already exists within the map, but it crashes once a worker begins building one. I can order a worker to begin construction, but as soon as the under construction version of the unit appears the game shuts down. The model I am using for the Arcane Vault is the default and the imports I am using in the map don't seem to reference anything related to the Arcane Vault.

Crazy ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Level 20
It might not necessarily have to do with Arcane Vault itself since it crashes with default settings, maybe the triggers are causing it. Can you think of any that could cause this?
If not, try removing triggers systematically in a copy of the map until it doesn't crash anymore, if you reach that point at all.

This is only the case in my map. I tried reinstalling Warcraft 3. Sadly, that did nothing. :(

Edit: I just did some more tests. I got the map to work by removing all units (except a single Arcane Vault), doodads, regions, unit data, triggers, variables, and imports from the map. I also recalculated the shadow map (not really sure what this does, but while I was purging my map of everything I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm going to try to pinpoint which of these things it was now. Should be fun! Any more ideas are welcome.

Edit 2: It's something in the unit data. If this is indeed the case, I realize that this is going to be nearly impossible for anyone to help me without seeing the object data, so thanks PurgeandFire and Garfield1337. I'll see if I can figure something out.

Last edited:
Maybe your Arcane Vault is corrupted, you may need to reinstall warcraft III ( as purge said ) or try downloading a new MPQ.

Done, still no luck.

Resetting the standard unit data (all units that existed by default) fixed my problem, but of course cost me all the modifications I've made to existing units in my map. I'm trying to find specifically what units are causing the problem. I went through resetting units one by one and it worked once I had reset all Neutral Passive units, Neutral Hostile units, Human units, Night Elf units, Undead units, Orc Melee Units, and the Voodoo Lounge. I figured that it might be that I need to reset all shop units (arcane vault, voodoo lounge, tomb of relics, etc). I still need to explore this further. I think I managed to miss a few shop units while doing my most recent test.

Just my map. Yes, it's a really really weird problem and I'm doubting there's going to be an easy resolution for it. Fortunately I've made a habit of saving multiple versions of my files, so I've copied over the unit data from last Friday's version. I lost a bit of progress in my map and I wish I could have figured out what was wrong in a more effective way, but I think I'll have to settle for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.