• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Research help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Im trying to make it so a specific class trainer will only talk to the correct class using research restrictions but its not working at the moment.

Im using the arcane vault unit to sell items, once you buy the item you learn the spell, but I cant figure out how to make it so the trainer only speaks top the correct class. Shoul;d I be putting a research requirement on the trainer, Or the individual items/spells being sold? and then set the required research to complete at the beginning of the map when you select your class?

Level 1
You basically want as an example, a ninja class to go to the ninja trainer and buy ninja abilities/items. When a warrior goes to the ninja trainer, nothing happens.

"Shoul;d I be putting a research requirement on the trainer, Or the individual items/spells being sold?"
I tried both and if you have a ninja on the map, the warrior will be able to buy the ninja abilities/items. The only thing I have so far is if the ninja goes to buy the abilities he gets the abilities, but if anyone else buys, nothing happens (the stock of item still goes down though which I don't like). It's not the best way I am still thinking of the way you have mentioned and also thinking of how will that be possible. I know I have seen an rpg do what you are looking for but its protected so I don't know how they did it. If I find anymore info or better info I will let you know.

Level 10
Yea that’s pretty much it, im stuck restricting the items/ability’s to the correct class, and for some reason all classes can access other trainers, I thought the research route would solve this but its proving difficult. Thanks for your help anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.