• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Class Type Ideas (Swat Style Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well my project is a reconstruction of my first map that i never got to finishing. The game is pretty much up in the air im not shure wether it will be a deep scary zombie map or a parody zombie map that is slightly offensive where people skill hoards of celebrities or other random people.

for now i am concentrating on triggering and making the classes and equipment they will use and the abilities they will have. This is where i need peoples input on the classes and weapons possible abilitys?

This is what i have (sory for the spelling)

Rifleman
Rifleman are the back bone of any squad. They are able to select from a wide variety of armourments, unfortunantly they lack any significant specialtys. They rely on specialized units to optimize their preformance. With the proper combination of specialized units supporting them a rifleman is the most deadly unit in a squad.

Can be equiped with:
1. AK 47
2. Sturmgewehr 44
3. Benellie M1014
4. AR 14
5. M2-200 flame thrower
Support Gunner
A support gunner's role in naturaly support. They are armed with heavy weponry capable of supressing most any enemy and sturdy armour to withstand grueling combat cpnditions. However a support gunner uses massive ammounts of amunition along with some specialized amunition. It would be wise to use them sparingly and to keep a surpluss of amunition in your squad.

Can be equiped with:
1. M72 LAW
2. M61 Vulcan
3. PTRS 400
4. Benellie M1014
Shock Trooper
A shock trooper is verry fast and heavily armed, they use speed and ferocity to quickly overwhelm an enemy.They feature a highly advanced B.C.U. giving them the ability to take on multiple targets at once and avoid attacks. This upgrade was vital due to their extremely light armour. These units are most effective in hit and run tactics or when anchored by a heavyer unit to act as a tank.

Can be equiped with:
1. Benellie M1014
2. AK 47
3. Sturmgewehr 44
4. AR 14
5. Spaz 12
6. Sig SG 510
Hammer Trooper
Hammer troopers are well... hammers; they are big, slow and hit verry hard. They are meant to take a beating and lay down a steady base of fire. They use reactive armour made of a tungston alloy and equiped with a highly advanced version of nano repair bots. As an aded bonus a hammer trooper's armour enables them to use the C-DET system.

Can be equiped with:
1. M72 LAW
2. M61 Vulcan
3. Benellie M1014
4. HK G3
Sniper
Snipers are the ultimate covert unit. They are fully cloaked and only viasble when moving and attacking thanks to thier exclusive cloaking system. Though the cloaking system requiers them to use very light armour, an Experienced sniper would be wise to avoid directt fire.
They are extremely acurate and capeable of bringing down most units with one well placed shot. The sniper is also equiped with incendiary rounds for heavier targest. A sniper that has reached the apropriat rank gains acces to the gauss rifle.

Can be equiped with:
1. M107
2. GA 255
Medic
A medic is the heart of a squad. They keep all members in fighting condition by: bandaging wounds, providing psychological assistance, and creating preformance altering drugs for their squad. Their tallents do not end there, just because they are armed with light weaponry and standard armour does not meen they are not effective in combat. Medics are able to concoct potent neuro-toxins or using amphetamines similar to thoes they use to ressurect squad members they can resurect recently killed enemys to fight under their command.

Can be equiped with:
1. Sig SG 510
2. SMG
3. Spaz 12
4. Benellie M1014

Communications
A communications expert is nothing special in combat. They are equiped with light weponry and standard to light armour and a sat-com system. The sat-com system makes them verry special units as they can call in air strikes, supply drops, and even enlist mercinarys to fight for the squad. Holding positions is made much easier with these units as no squad can hold a position indefinantly without a supply of amunition. Once a communications expert reaches a certain rank they may even request armoured transports and personal vehicles foe their squad.

Can be equiped with:
1. Sig SG 510
2. SMG
3. Spaz 12
Combat Engineer
Engineers are the gears behind a sucessfull squad. They have many talents including setting explosives, and computer hacking. They are equiped with a special B.C.U. that is able to simultaniously controll all of the engineers support structures and units. Engineers are able to construct repair droids, and support sctructures. These structures include surveillance cameras, mini turrets, field reactors, med stations, and extended range com towers. Also they can construct lockers though these are not dependant on power. Al these structures help the squad and aid some untis in their tasks.

Can be equiped with:
1. Sig SG 510
2. SMG
3. Spaz 12
Weapons Description

LIGHT WEAPONRY
1. Sig SH 510 - light compact assault rifle high rate of fire low power
2. SMG- Sub-machine gun again high rate of fire but low power
3. Spaz 12- Shotgun medium speed scater shot deadly up close
MEDIUM WEAPONRY
4. AK 47 - all purpose rifle fast not to heavy lots of power
5. Sturmgewehr 44 - slightly smaller but faster than the AK
6. Benelli M1014 - Multi purpous fully automatic shotgun (Buckshot or slug)
7. AR 14 - Larger then most heavy lots of power
8. M2-200 Modern Flamethrower high damage medium weight borderline heavy wepon

HEAVY WEAPONRY
9. M72 LAW - Shoulder fired rockets heavy slow high damage and splash
10. M61 Vulcan - Extreemely high rate of fire with large rounds verry heavy
11. HK G3 - Heavy assault rifle 50.cal and granade launcher.

SNIPER WEAPONRY
M107 - Standard semi auto sniper rifle
*G555 - Un-conventional gauss rifle unbeliveble powerfull faster than M107

* can only be unlocked with a code and rank

Eventualy il upload a sample map the terrain is verry much like S.W.A.T. but a little larger il re-do parts to add more detail

Level 8
If you have a alpha map version post it here as an attachment since its very hard to comment on: AK 47 all purpose rifle fast not to heavy lots of power. You will have to see it ingame to be able to give a comment. I think your sniper might be a bit imba... but only online gaming will reveal that.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I would recomend deffinatly having no bullet or ammo system as those tend to make playing such maps too complicated and luck dependant.
Also I reccomend having rank code bonouses not being too high. Nothing is worse than a map where as a rank 1 you can do shit all when compaired to max rank people which deal 2-4 times your damage and have secret moves you can not even dream of.

*G555 - Un-conventional gauss rifle unbeliveble powerfull faster than M107
It should be worse than the M107 in some way to ballence it out for example. This would mean that it would not always be the weapon of choice if you have a rank code.

Level 2
This is way too complicated, it'll take a very long time to make, no guarantee that people will like it too

Level 7
Awesome idea, I hope you go through with it. Here's an idea:

Pyro

Pyros are used for blocking off bottlenecks, and are therefore one of the most heavily armored in the game. They are in full fireproof bodysuits, limiting their range of weaponry as the gloves of their suits make it harder to fire some weapons. I think that the Rifleman should not be able to use the flamethrower, making this the only class which can use it. Moves relatively slowly. Flames can hurt allies.

Can be equipped with:
1. M2-200
2. Spaz 12
3. Benelli M1014

Also, I suggest having a riot shield sort of thing be a weapon. Would work well for this class.

Last edited:
Level 7
Medic
A medic is the heart of a squad. They keep all members in fighting condition by: bandaging wounds, providing psychological assistance, and creating preformance altering drugs for their squad. Their tallents do not end there, just because they are armed with light weaponry and standard armour does not meen they are not effective in combat. Medics are able to concoct potent neuro-toxins or using amphetamines similar to thoes they use to ressurect squad members they can resurect recently killed enemys to fight under their command.

Can be equiped with:
1. Sig SG 510
2. SMG
3. Spaz 12
4. Benellie M1014

And there you go.

Level 3
should i just make the gauss rifle slower than the M107?

Also does anybody else have an opinion on the ammo system?

Level 3
got boored so here is an overhead shot of the map sory its blurry but the map is verry large

Attachments

• overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 146
Level 2
maybe demolition teams? or quimic engineers? maybe hackers(inteligence team)? and even infiltration squads? o_O

i think the engineer is soo "generic"

Level 3
i like the thought but i think infiltration squads are somewhat covered by the sniper and the shock trooper

also the name and tasks may seem generic, the actual gameplay is verry unique compaired to the other classes.

The engineer is made for someone who may not want to be a direct combatant. Since they will not be running around shooting they will be supporting through the use of skills and verry heavy micro. Communication with their squad mates will be crucial.

i should have one or two of the classes up and running by next week in an uncompleated version.

Also if i could get this thread moved to map developement that would be good =] thank you.

Level 2
yeah but if da map make success you will need to fragmantate that classes soon.
If you do that now, each new game will be a new discover (lolwut) and THAT will make tha map be astronomical :grin:

Level 3
we will see, if i add more classes there will be who knows how many combinatins or skills weps and equipment at this point id like to just get it running

Status
Not open for further replies.