• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unit cast spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello everybody, I downloaded a spell, most to learn how stuffs works. And in the spell there was an action like "
  • Action - (Order(Triggering unit) to cast (Thunderclap))
He had Edited thunderclap so that it had higher AoE, but I was just wondering sense custom spells doesnt come up in that list when u order a unit to cast a spell, if I copy the original spell and change some stuffs on it. Will it cast both or just original or something? because he had copied the original and it worked for him.

Level 7
It casts its initial base spell; Thunderclap.
If you edit Thunderclap and then configure the trigger so that a unit is ordered to cast it, the casting unit will cast the edited Thunderclap as long as you edited the original and not a copied version.

So, basically, it will cast the original, edited or not.
However, it also relies on other conditions, such as if it HAS the ability and WHAT LEVEL the unit has for the ability.
For example, I edit Shockwave so that it's level one's damage is 800.
Then I make a GUI trigger ordering a unit to cast Shockwave tha has Shockwave level 2. It will cast the original, but level two, so it will do default damage.

Level 9
Lots of ppls ask about triggers of this type. So information that you need is simple. When you order unit to cast spell first you have to know on what ability is based your spell and what spell is (target, AOE, point). For example if you edit thunder clap and order your unit to cast thunder clap the unit will cast the spell that he have not the original spell from world editor (the order thunder clap in the trigger is the order wich is the spell order check the picture. You don't order to cast spell exactly you order to cast the spell that respond to that order
Order.JPG
And guys some one must make tutorial about this becouse lots of ppls don't know what it mean

Status
Not open for further replies.