• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

I changed the animation of the photon cannon at the data actor.

(Basic) Art: Scale

Changed:

X: 4
Y: 4
Z: 4

So now the animation is 4 timers bigger.

The problem is that when units are attacking that cannon, they have the attack pattern of the normal photon cannon scale. So the unit are walking trough the 4 times bigger cannon its center. That makes for example a zergling walk in the photon cannon attacking is normal size radius.

How can I change that to the 4 times bigger cannon?

I already tried it at movement: changing the footprints to 4x4 instead of 2x2 or something. Doesn't work.

And besides this, are there more things that needs to bechanged by increasing its scale by 4 times? For example the taking damage shield animation etc??

I just want to increase the scale of the photon cannon 4 times, without any bugs. (dont care about the shooting animation)

Thanks in advance!

Level 3
I think with footprints you are on the right track, but i recall there are 2 types of footprints, only 1 of them defines "collision" (i.e. it prevents units from running inside a modell)

Status
Not open for further replies.