• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unique Online Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Well, its may seem that "justice" is not a foreign word in the virtual world after all.

A gamer in the upcoming MMORPG "Roma Victor" had undergone an unusual punishment for unacceptable online behavior. Was it a banning? No. This player's character was sentanced to 1 week of puplic crucifixion.

Thats right. For a whole week his character gets to dangle from a cross in a public square, free for everyone to jeer at. Although the religious motif may be a bit controversial (well, it IS a religion-heavy game), I wonder if other companies are taking notes for similar ideas of dealing with players who ruin gaming for everyone else.

You can read the story here.
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/03/25/online_cruxifixion_romavictor/

Also, everyone gets mad at games at one time or another. We've all been there. But have any of you ever gotten THIS MAD?
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/hissyfit.html
Its in German, so maybe one of you German speakers out there can give us some enlightenment on what this kid is pissed about. I can only tell that he's playing a game by the music and that he's got his fingers on the WASD keys.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
Oh, and this is not a religious topic. It clearly has to do with gaming. Those who attempt to turn it into a religion topic will have their posts deleted.

Thanks for setting that straight.

I saw that video of the German kid screaming. I find that a little ironic with the release of the European IQ scores. Check this out:

iqleague0ec.gif

Evidence tells me that he was either a retarded German or he was incredibly mad at some stupid people.

By giving these scores, I am not trying to get anything started. I was just using it in reference to the topic. That is all.

Level 8
Well i personly think he should been banned instead becuase it allowes him another killing spree after 7 days. But then again this could be a good idea becuase we can finly have people fill all those damn jails i find in MMORPG. They probly did this instead of banning him becuase like most MMORPG there pay to play so this probly just them trying to keep people playing it without banning them.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I'm sure any German would sock you in the face for ever associating that kid with anything that has to do with their nation's intelligence average.

Ha ha... I probably have some German descent myself. Well anyway with the IQ chart, I may have not of made that clear but those scores are the average IQ scores of the countries (although everyone in the countries didn't take it). I was just imagining him playing an MMORPG and going crazy because the masses of idiots and his high intelligence collided.

Anyways, I'll get back on topic. I think that games can be allowed to have whatever consequences they want to, but that they just have to define them well prior to the release of the game and not make them up as they go along. This is why I was argueing about what everyone was saying about the raid of the death ceremony for the girl.

Level 9
now that is what i call a fucking retard, its a game wow and he screwed his keyboard up lol. Awww poor thing i think hitler came back and invaded his body :).

Level 1
ell, i am a german, and i can tell you what this kid is pissed about. First of, don't think ALL germans are like that, this guy is a big exception ;)

First of, he is known as the "Echter Gangster" which means "Real Gangster", he made 2 videos before, where he claimed to be a "Real Gangster" (look for "Echter Gangster" in Google and you find those videos easily...but they're in german).

But back on topic.

At the beginning he starts the game Unreal (Tournament?) and gets a little...impatient...while the game starts. He then gets even more impatient while the game loads (no one knows if he plays single or multiplayer). Then he tells himself to think positive (that'S the part where does not yell so much).

The game starts, he is very excited (that's the part where he starts laughing for the first time) and he starts insulting his opponents. He says something like "eat this, son of a bitch...YEAH I HAVE KILLED HIM". He continues swearing a lot until he get's killed. That's the point of the video where he smashes his keyboard and goes completely mad. After calming down he is desperately looking for his Escape Key, that's where he sounds like he would commint suicide any moment.

After put the escape key back on his board he seems to have activated the "support & help window" and he says "no i do not need any help...i really don't need any help" and he starts another mad laughter. Then he gets a little excited because his Avatar (dunno how it's called in Shooters) does not move.
Then he whispers: "I will take you down, i will take you all down" before he starts yelling again because he fights and kills an enemy. Until the very end he just curses his opponents and just says more things like "i will shoot you all...i will take you all down...i will shoot you with the Assault Rifle you bastards.

Well i think you all can imagine what happened at the end when he goes mad and leaves his desk.

With this "performance" he became pretty famous among the german computer user community. Since i saw this video me and my friends are wondering if he only acted for this clip or if he really is like that. If the later is true i advice him to go to a doctor immediately.

Furthermore this shows what happens if you plays some games too much...

Oh well, i hope this helped you non german speaking guys a little. Since english is not my native language i hope i did not do too many grammar mistakes or the likes in my post.
Anyway, i am a usual silent visitor of this page and extra registered to make this post. It is my way to say thanks to this awesome site and the people who run it. I hope to get much more good stuff from here.

Greetings from Germany

Level 25
Reminds me of an event I read about

Now, NWN can be used to create sort of "mini" MMORPGs called Persistant Worlds. On one, a person was running around killing people and stealing stuff

So a GM makes a cage in the middle of town, teleports into the middle of it, and sends the guy into the middle of the cage. The GM teleports out and leaves him there

Note that there's no way the guy can get out of the cage, and he frequently logged on

To be pelted by cabbages

Good game, no rematch

Level 12
I'm amazed no one mentioned the German kid video was all acted out. And I don't recall it being German too (maybe Denmark?) On another note, I prefer you not to use ebaumsworld (as an anti-ebaumer).

The Crucifixation issue is completely controversial. And no crucifixation is NOT anything about religion. It's completely cultural based on the old Roman ways of tormenting.

Level 4
lol, funny thing, crucified... ON A GAME!! wth? i think thats just pathetic... what kinda game... nvm, this was intresting to read, i thought it was funny ^^ , i believe the people who made the game need to get a life.. and not crucify people on a game... thats retarded....

Level 6
I'm amazed no one mentioned the German kid video was all acted out. And I don't recall it being German too (maybe Denmark?) On another note, I prefer you not to use ebaumsworld (as an anti-ebaumer).

its defo german :p im quite sure its a fake though. who on earth would start insult his own computer for several minutes after 5 secs of loading? and why the hell would he upload it anyway??? besides that some stuff he says doesnt appear to be quite credible... don't take things too serious which appear @ ebaums :roll:

Level 4
Some people are going to get mighty pissed about that crucifiction thing. Maybe it was the german kid's character :lol:

Anyway, already saw that german kid thing ages ago. Is it just be or does everybody else also want to stamp on hes neck several times?

Level 2
DeathRing said:
I may not speak german, but I can tell that he's getting pissed over playing Warhammer Dawn of War, probably losing the game, or installation problems lol.

Hmmm... He's not playing warhammer... Its unreal tourny 2k5 .... That kid is a retard :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.