• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model Request: Ragnarok Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
One day, I decided I'd try my own hand at making a Ragnarok Online mode-selectable map (AoS/RPG/line war/etc), but... well... that's a lot of work, and the file size would probably be really huge, so I'm doing separate maps per game type.

The maps will include RO's job selection system, exact skill formulas, the original sounds, music, and anything else I can possibly mimic/import. I'm currently in the process of creating skill buttons, but merely stretching out the existing RO ability icons wouldn't look very good, so I'm touching them up in Paint to make use of the 64x64 space. Perhaps I can pack them up together when they're completed for others to use.

Moving along...

Sounds are in RO's data.GRF files... there's a BGM folder, so music's covered as well... and the skill formulas are right there in RO's skill descriptions. I can live with just this alone of course, but unit models would really add to the experience. Unfortunately, no one has yet made anything related to or resembling Ragnarok Online, unless I'm blind and missed something... so I'd like to request the creation of RO-based class and/or monster models. One male and one female per job class would be preferred. Hairstyles aren't really important, but perhaps one could look at an RO character simulator to get an idea.

I'd do this myself, but I don't have the tools necessary, nor the experience. If anyone's willing to donate some of their time to help out, it'd be greatly appreciated, and naturally your name would be added to the credits for these maps.

If you do wish to assist me, and need examples to look at, here is a link to the official site for iRO, for artwork of the various character classes, and here's a few character simulators if you wish to view the sprites themselves. The game style is 2D sprites in a 3D world.
Ragnarokcs.com
RateMyServer.net - Character Simulator Version 0.3
Rune-Nifelheim's simulator
SiliconValley-Cupertino

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.