• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Ragnarok ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5

RagnarokORPGBanner_zps2952f18c.png

Map Name: Ragnarok ORPG
Map Size: 256 x 256 [Epic]
Map Tileset: Ashenvale
Players: 2 - 6

Introduction:

Elemental6 & De Eikel present Ragnarok ORPG. An Warcraft 3 ORPG with max 6 players based on the world of Ragnarok Online. This is my second attempt creating an RPG for Warcraft 3. Unfortunately the first attempt has been completely halted due to loads of complications.

Story:

Soon to come.

Gameplay:

You are an adventurer in the world of Ragnarok Online. Slay monsters, complete quests and obtain epic items. Explore the dungeons of this world and defeat powerful MVP's for the slight chance they just might drop that epic item.

Your character starts out as a Novice, level 10 you can change to a first class (Swordsman, Merchant, Archer, Acolyte, Mage, Thief) and then again at level 40-50, 2 choices per first class.

Skills can be learnt with SP, which you get by gaining a job level(Every levelup until reaching job cap), but take notice that you cannot learn every skill, therefore you must choose with which skills your priorities lie.

Moving through the world map is a little different than usual. The playable map are all evenly larger squares which certain openings to adjacent maps, to give this map a proper Ragnarok Online feeling.

...More to come...

Description:

Unlike most maps, this map consists of seperated dungeon maps and the normal playable map area consists of 22 square areas, some are linked to eachother like in RO with warps and some are not. See the screenshots for more of a general idea.

Unfortunately warcraft 3 doesn't support a map so big that we could fit the whole ragnarok world in there, so we have picked the 6 basic towns and a number of existing fields to somewhat replicate in this map. If you're familiar with Ragnarok Online we intend to give you the RO feeling, but of course it won't be exactly the same.

Job trees will be the same, all jobs will be included (except for the newest 3rd ones such as Warlock and what not).
For now transended classes will also not be included, but when the map is finished and playable we will get to work on that.

Soon to come.

dangerb0y - Easy Item Stack 'n Split

- Gear upgrade system (+0 to +10, Safe Limit dependant of item level, possible to fail and break item after safe limit)

- Kafra Employees (Saving Respawn Position, Entering Storage, Warping, Rent a Cart)

- Custom Skill Point & Skill Learning system

- Custom Attribute Points allocation

- Custom "Jobs" (Classes) based on Ragnarok Online

- Easy Item Stack 'n Split by dangerb0y

Last edited:
Level 13
Meh.
I have seen enough Ragnarok's in Warcraft 3.

I will be approaching this project's unique features from the others.

either do i want a ragnarok a world that has many bosses a world that is like the one we have imagine what ragnarok really was

Level 5
Meh.
I have seen enough Ragnarok's in Warcraft 3.

I will be approaching this project's unique features from the others.

As have I, but they all failed to impress me. So I'm going to try to beat those poorly designed maps (in my opinion).

Unfortunately I have no experience with vJASS and neither does my co-creator, so it's gonna be simple trigger based. Still we're gonna do our best to give this map a proper RO-feeling

Hell_Master said:
Very nice, project you have here. I dont see that much Ragnarok Warcraft maps around so this is quite an interesting project to support. +2 REP!

Thank you :) If you can make models for warcraft 3 I'd say feel free to help us out creating some RO monster models :wink:

Level 30
As have I, but they all failed to impress me. So I'm going to try to beat those poorly designed maps (in my opinion).

Unfortunately I have no experience with vJASS and neither does my co-creator, so it's gonna be simple trigger based. Still we're gonna do our best to give this map a proper RO-feeling

Thank you :) If you can make models for warcraft 3 I'd say feel free to help us out creating some RO monster models :wink:

Well, I dont have knowledge whatsoever in creating models so supporting you on this one is all that I can do. Or maybe give ideas.

Level 10
Yay ! Ragnarok MMORPG ! xD

Be sure that will be a great map @.@ because 30% other Ragnarok map lol got abandoned !

Lol I gonna spread the Rep to Forum ! xD +Rep !

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Thank you :) That won't happen, loving the idea of this map myself, hehe.
Just having some trouble with some systems, and especially the save/load system's gonna be a bitch to make D:

I would offer to help, But i have no idea how to make a map. the most i've done was made a crappy cat and mouse map.
Arent the ORPG Saves basically coded items / levels / chars / ect? If you need any help with testing, ideas, ect i'm your man. :goblin_good_job:

Level 6
Thank you :) That won't happen, loving the idea of this map myself, hehe.
Just having some trouble with some systems, and especially the save/load system's gonna be a bitch to make D:

not a big problem at all there are many save/load systems out there and they are in GUI aswell. After 15 mins you understood it completly

Level 5
Unfortunately I'm extremely busy with my new job at the moment and haven't really found the time to work on the map lately and my co-creator is also very busy at this moment, so for now there won't be much progress. Will update later

Do not worry, motivation has not been lost, although we have taken a little setback-blow cause of the recently published Ragnarok Online map which looks to be quite nice >.>

Level 5
For the people that feared production was abandoned , fear not, for we are back in business! :)

Still need modelers for our team if anyone is interested!

For now, we're mainly focusing on getting a basic playable beta for ourselves.

Level 16
Unfortunately I'm extremely busy with my new job at the moment and haven't really found the time to work on the map lately and my co-creator is also very busy at this moment, so for now there won't be much progress. Will update later

Do not worry, motivation has not been lost, although we have taken a little setback-blow cause of the recently published Ragnarok Online map which looks to be quite nice >.>

which map are you refering to..?
sounds intresting

Status
Not open for further replies.