• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unexpected error in both editor and in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, last 2 weeks I am frequently experiencing the following error in one of my maps, it happens randomly either when map is opened in editor(which results in editor crashing) or in test map game(which results in game crashing, with editor staying intact).
unknown.png

Including the .txt files from error folder, War3Log.txt is not present in every error.

Any ideas what the culprit could be? Thanks.

Attachments

• Crash.txt
    30.9 KB · Views: 64
  • War3Log.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 71
Level 5
I'm not sure the two files you provided will help but I'd suggest to read this if you didn't already: [Crash] - List of WarCraft III Crashes

Also is it an old map from a previous version of war3 that you did open in 1.31 editor ? Some maps are crashing since 1.30 and I've heard it could be linked to GUI comments that need to be removed before opening the map in a newer editor.

Level 2
I had the same error once, simply when I clicked with left mouse button on terrain of my map, without selecting anything from the tool palette.
Used to happen with my map as well, somehow it fixed itself though.

I'm not sure the two files you provided will help but I'd suggest to read this if you didn't already: [Crash] - List of WarCraft III Crashes

Also is it an old map from a previous version of war3 that you did open in 1.31 editor ? Some maps are crashing since 1.30 and I've heard it could be linked to GUI comments that need to be removed before opening the map in a newer editor.

The work on it started on 1.30.4, object and trigger data was copied over to the new base map created in 1.31.

Level 8
Used to happen with my map as well, somehow it fixed itself though.
Fixed itself? Wow. Go figure...
Man, you know that feeling when you've just finished checking all bugs and are good to go, but no, something new happens. No matter what I do, there's always some new error popping up with new patch =( So demoralizing. Everything runs like a babe, but then you test your map on an older laptop that used to run Wc3 like a beast, and it turns out that the code isn't executed in a correct manner, depending on PC specs (if you tend to use large arrays, hashtables etc.).
So, to sum it up: someone here (sorry, can't recall who exactly) wrote once "another year of broken world editor" - I guess that is so, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.