• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Underwater Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its currently in WIP ;)
attachment.php

130204d1382783587-underwater-laboratory-10-26-2013.png

~~~
New

130214d1382811225-underwater-laboratory-10-24-2013.png

Attachments

• 10-25-2013.png
    10-25-2013.png
    627.2 KB · Views: 1,497
Last edited:
Level 36
I think I recognize a very familiar water-plane technique ;)

That said, there's a lot that can be done here. I don't think the addition of those water-mines really helped at all,
for all I care you should remove them. You might also want to consider having a lesser amount of green and maybe
scale it down a couple notches, the rocks could also be tinted a tad darker and then you could add some "light"
doodads above them to give that effect that they're lighted where the sun hits them.

Apart from that, I think you should consider building the rocks a bit taller, especially the part on the left side.
I'd make a "pillar"-like rock formation there, and then I'd added some silhouetted rock formations in the background,
to give the overall feeling of depth. Hmh, that's really all I've got currently.

640px-Real_number_station.jpg

640px-Under_the_Rusalka.jpg

I think I recognize a very familiar water-plane technique ;)

Yes yes , i thought you already forgot your old terrains since you're not updating your official terrain gallery thread.

I don't think the addition of those water-mines really helped at all
I'd make a "pillar"-like rock formation there, and then I'd added some silhouetted rock formations in the background,

Hence im doing this terrain with my own style ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10-24-2013.png
    10-24-2013.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 2,030
Last edited:
Level 10
it looks really nice,
but the size of the mines suggest that if they explode they take the structure with it... not really usefull as a defence!

and i'dd like to see something vague in the far background to spice things up

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
IMO needs lights and... bubbles! I somewhat agree with Keiji about the mines, but perhaps you can make it look cooler if only a black shape of the mine is visible in a second plane of the picture. That'll make it look more devilishly cleverly occluded :p

Level 16
Wow! Is that the air base you wanted to use instead the Taj Mahal? Could use some starcraft flares or like they used in movies.
I'm really feeling sorry that you had to drop your dead end Project!
As for criticism... what the others said! Just joking! Ad something like a fog or like what Keiji said, it needs something to give it a denser underwater feeling. Oh and more bubbles pleas!

Wow! Is that the air base you wanted to use instead the Taj Mahal? Could use some starcraft flares or like they used in movies.
I'm really feeling sorry that you had to drop your dead end Project!
As for criticism... what the others said! Just joking! Ad something like a fog or like what Keiji said, it needs something to give it a denser underwater feeling. Oh and more bubbles pleas!

No , Tech-Taj-Mahal is still in WIP. (Im too lazy to upload some previews)

There are about spaaammmmeed bubbles but more of them were not really visible because they are so small and dark-tinted
You can still see few small circles(bubbles) in your screens.

Last edited:
Level 36
Obviously, the general public of this thread is completely unaware of the horror of the bubble model, just don't... Use it. Really.

Apart from that, I really, really like the lighting now, but ahh... There really DOES seem like there's something missing about the background,
I don't know if it's the angle, or maybe it's the fact that everything that's view-able is so clear, or just that you should add some
silhouettes of some form or another to the background.

Bottom line is; Something looks off about the total experience of this terrain, I just can't pinpoint exactly what it is.

The rocks are not look like underwater rocks .

Wait, there's a separate set of rocks specially designed to be under water?
- Fuck, why didn't anyone tell the ocean? >.>

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Keiji said:
Bottom line is; Something looks off about the total experience of this terrain, I just can't pinpoint exactly what it is.
IMO it's the lightning. It could be made darker, but then the front would probably not be very visible, unless there's a torch-like ray beam coming from the surface. My other suggestion was filling the background with beams from different gammas of blue and teal (maybe through image effects?) or just add some pocket of rocks behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.