• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unbound Frenzy V1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is like footmen frenzy but success relies more on race and hero combination for a team. There are 8 races to choose from, 4 heroes per race. All heroes have 5 abilities. Max hero level of 20. Heroes drop gold and lumber when killed. Both Teams have an engineer that can build towers to either defend your base or enhance an attack. Engineers can also repair your bases.

Races are: Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf, Blood Elf, Demon, Naga, Gnoll.

Races have different hit point regeneration types:
Human - .5 hp/sec Always
Orc - 1 hp/sec Always
Undead - 2 hp/sec on blight only (Sacrificial Skull to create blight)
Night Elf - 2 hp/sec during night only
Blood Elf - 2 hp/sec during day only (Sunstone added to shop)
Demon - .75 hp/sec Always
Naga - .75 hp/sec Always
Gnoll - 1 hp/sec Always

Races also have a different auto cast ability: (effect slightly increases with teir)
Human - All units have Inner Fire (Increases armor and hit point regeneratino rate, 10 seconds on heroes)
Orc - All units have Blood Lust (Increases movement and attack speed, 10 seconds on heroes)
Undead - All units have Curse (Reduces chance to hit, 5 seconds on heroes)
Night Elf - All units have Faerie Fire (Reduces armor and gives you sight, 5 seconds on heroes)
Blood Elf - All units have Slow (Reduces movement and attack speed, 5 seconds on heroes)
Demon - All units have Spell Steal (Swaps buffs and debuffs, 20 second cooldown)
Naga - All units have Vitality of the Naga (Armor, lasts 15 seconds on units and heroes)
Gnoll - All units have Poison (damage every second for 5 seconds)
*All buffs and debuffs last 20 seconds on normal units and have a 5 second cooldown*

Heroes are:
Human - Sorceress, Paladin, Mountain King, Retribution Paladin

Orc - All classic

Undead - Death Knight, Lich, Crypt Lord, Dark Ranger

Night Elf - All Classic

Blood Elf - Blood Mage, Marauder, Archmage, Rogue

Demon - Dreadlord, Pitlord, Eredar, Succubus

Naga - Sea Witch, Sea Giant, Royal Guard, Makrura

Gnoll - Geomancer, Slasher, Mystic, Thunderbringer

Testing: DemonWarlord, Blackrockspire, Ziyizhang
Majority of Gnoll units and buildings by: Mephestrial
Arrow Volley by: Palaslayer
Light Arrows by: Carrington2k
Retribution Aura by: ThEkInGoFdEaD
Special thanks to: Button Manager v1.8 & WC3 Image Extractor II

V4.3
Replaced Catapult upgrade to 15% spell damage reduction
The Royal Guard's Combat Potency sometimes bugged his level 6 ability but has now been fixed
Demon T2 got a (much needed) large buff
Nerfed the damage upgrade for demon t3
changed health and mana wells to only effect heroes and have a longer range
Increase well mana and hit point regeneration
Changed scrolls of town portal to only take the hero
Heroes now recieve scrolls upon creation
New neutral building in the middle where you can purchase tomes and runes
Town Hall Classifications fixed
Models cut to reduce map size
The way races and heroes are chosen was changed
The central map has be remade
Hero food cost reduced to 0
Fixed autocast bug
Tried to add ai to player 2 and 6
Changed Death Knight and Paladin level 6 powers
fixed paladin and death knight ultimates to create 3 at level 12
Changed the Dark Ranger's Black Arrow ability to Summon Dark Minions

Keywords:
Footmen Frenzy, Altered Melee, Footmen Wars, Super Frenzy, Unbound, Unbound Frenzy
Contents

Unbound Frenzy V1.0 (Map)

Reviews
19:13, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 5
I shall make use of it for all updates from now on, thank you.

-edit: that seemed to just make my text completely invisible :0

So... patch 3.1 Catapult and Demolishers can now attack buildings as intended, Scroll of Protection and Scroll of the Beast have reduced prices, and the Gnoll auto cast tooltips are fixed

Last edited:
Level 5
I hope this comment comes after playing it. Personally, I don't like footmen frenzy so I came up with a version that I'd be more excited to play. In this map you really do have to discuss your team races before you play because you need a good mix of buffs/debuffs, as well as, a mix of race shop items and hero auras/tool abilities. Additionally, You can mix up the upgrading strategies by trading gold to allies to give them tier 2 to start off the game, and upgrade the armor and hit points of your melee teir 1 to act as a shield. It's also good to always have 1 ranged teir player on your team at all times to make use of the raised ground at the front of your base.

Level 2
I fail to see how this has a lot of semblance to footmen frenzy, not only does frenzy not have a spawn limit, it also doesn't have specialized unit abilities (yes I know they have the racial upgrade, but I find that kind of pointless for some races). Balanced heros or even a medium ammount of team requirements.

Level 5
Idea

I have a few future Ideas I'll just throw out there.

- I kind of want to add one new race that's different from all the others. It would only have the hero choice of a Conjourer which will make great use of the Engineering Upgrade ability to upgrade the level of his spells. He would also have 6 abilities. The race itself will only have a starting building, a wizard Tower, which will produce a mud golem unit that will be trained instead of avatar of vengeance style summoned. The unit itself will be upgraded as an individual, much like the Destroyer transformation, into 4 or so tiers. In order to not make the death of these gold dependent upgraded golems a huge waste, the hero would have a version of Transmute, called cut losses, that would give you back a percent of the gold spent on the unit if your micro is sufficient enough. The Wizard Tower would probably contain spell upgrades for the golems.

Unit progression would probably be:
1. Mud Golem - Possible Slow upgrade
2. Stone Golem - Physical Damage Reduction upgrade
3. Flesh Golem - Health Stealing upgrade
4. Iron Golem - Spell Resistance and Bash upgrade

Mud Golems may just merge Hippogriff style after an upgrade to turn into stone golems

- Another thing that recently popped in my head was for heroes to also drop a 1 lumber bounty when they are killed, usable at a central "Spirit Bonfire" structure that would bestow your units with the selected type of buff. (probably a menu of use on pickup type of item in actuality, including the area of effect healing type)

Last edited:
Level 2
gnolls are way to strong i played 1v1 against someone with deamon and i was gnoll and my teir 2 had 200 more hp and 12 more damage and had more armor with the same amount of upgrades

Level 5
I looked over the t2 demon stats and they look more like t1 so I gave them a large damage buff and a small hp buff. However, this game is not really meant for 1 on 1s as much as 2v2 and up, in addition; the demon's autocast ability has no effect whatsoever on the gnoll's poison so this also puts them at a disadvantage against gnolls. Its kind of like rock paper scissors.

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A map looking too much like the common Footman Frenzy maps.It has a different terrain though and more races.

[+]You had a lot of races, which makes player wanna play again your map trying them all out.
[+]Your map was unprotected and lagless.
[-]Northred trees didn't really match your terrain.I think you need to improve it more.
[-]Your map is unprocted.I looked over your triggers and i can't say its coded well.Using waits and then destroying special effects?That's not really good, cause sometimes they fail to be destroyed properly.
[-]Your map has big file size for this kind of maps.
[-]I gathered my units, run away from the enemy and attacked directly his tower.So..i won in 3 minutes?Fix this please..
[-]I think units were created too fast.You really have to balance it more.
[-]I think your map needs more heroes to make it interesting.In addition, custom spells should be added too.I played as Archmage and i found it boring.
[-]Your idea isn't something new, so i can't give you extra points for this.

Overall rating:2/5 - vote for rejection
Mainly you should fix gameplay itself.I already mentioned that i won too easy and too fast.Next you should focus on adding more heroes, or at least creating custom spells.
~ r3

Level 5
Well Adding the gnoll race added a very large file size, without them it'd be reduced to just over a meg (I actually kept a version without them for this very reason). Sounds like you tried to play it as a 1 on 1 otherwise you would have seen increasingly larger start up lag per player for the dialog boxes. The defeat variable system seems to randomly fail and I'm not sure why. The real fix for the start up lag and the defeat variable would be to have an actual start up building which you click an icon to choose a race and train the heroes from the same building. The idea of the northrend trees is that they are trees that were completely burned from war. Lastly, the only heroes with full custom powers are the ones that did not previously exsist in the game, others will only have one custom spell. This is for the same reason I left classic heroes classing in my 64 hero arena, my brother thinks that players selecting those heroes are looking for the game play of their classic blizzard design.

edit: I use destroy effect because I read in the "things that leak" thread that all effects need to be destroyed or they continue to take up processing space. I'd also like to say that I think the name, SuperFrenzy, is very gay and does my map no justice.

Level 15
I play tested your map once again, as you requested.

This is my second review

Here's what i have to say.
If you kill the tower you no longer win, but winning is too hard cause tower of selection has too many hitpoints.Lower them.
I also think you should make the towers stronger.
By the way heroes were too powerfull or it is just me?I think you need to balance them.
You should turn unit train on by default and not with an autocast button.I found a bug that players could abuse.I was playing with your demon race and suddenly when my food was 46/100 units stopped traininig.I didn't know why so i clicked for more units manually.I could create more and more and more and the food was still 46 no matter how many i created.
You have to lower the selection scale of selection towers, you can do it in Object Editor.
You made huge terrain deformation!Lower them a bit.

*By the way, posting a changelog helps a lot players know the changes you made and me of course.

Level 5
That would be because no matter how many times you hit the button it will destroy a unit you already have made to make a new one, the max is 23. The ability is based off of avatar of vengeance and they are all set to 23 max for your hero along with those units make 2 perfect groups. I have played my map online several times and winning isn't that hard, all you have to do is nuke the hall whenever you are in range. In fact they used to be lower and the game could be ended after 3 short attacks of running past your enemy's army. The reason why towers are so weak is because humans can build them with a tier 2 hall as well as their allies, the best way would be to make the starting tower a different building all together.