• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unarmed_Red_DragonKnight

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
i made it by my self some part of the model is not quiet perfect. but im sure you gonna love it. Enjoy.......

Keywords:
dragon, red dragon, knight, arthas, unarmed, armor, red, epic.
Contents

Unarmed_Red_DragonKnight (Model)

Reviews
15:31, 18th Dec 2011 Frankster: The model does not look good. The skin is just CnP and has lots of contrast, wrapping and colouring issues. Also the model is just a plain merge. Dirty and too simple executed. The model stretches and warps in...

M

15:31, 18th Dec 2011
Frankster:

The model does not look good. The skin is just CnP and has lots of contrast, wrapping and colouring issues.
Also the model is just a plain merge. Dirty and too simple executed.
The model stretches and warps in most of the animations which is just very ugly and bad.
Rejected

Level 14
I'm not sure why you need a custom texture for the armor...

The Red Dragon texture would do the exact same thing.

644KB O'SHI:3
It doesn't realy need a custom texture... it needs some more work... If it is your first model ever, then it's good, in other cases it's not..

the textures are really bad, the size is enormous and the wrap is really gross. voting for rejection.

The animation needs more work, the wrap, is... The size too, as -grendel said.

^all this, Huge filesize, Custom textures that you don't need,and the wrap on the armor is horrible + 1696 Polies? Holy hell thats a lot

Level 4
well duh...... i have my own creativity im not just depends in WC3 Textures.. i made it by my self in photoshop.! you just don't get it do yah? the custom texture i made is not for the armor is for the original geoset of Arthas that i base it.. try look it in Warcraft3 model editor.! you will see...........

Level 14
dude those textures are THE SAME as the red dragon texture.

well basically he was talking about the face texture,but the Dragon textures = No different...

And you might be asking why this is bad,i'll tell you...
1. Bigger filesize
2. You need to change the blp paths (which people might be lazy to do)

Level 2
I agree with the other people replying here. The texture is horrible! Plus the file size on a model like this is HUGE! And 1696 poly's!? Seriously? Well...my ending words are...REJECTION!

Level 6
well duh...... i have my own creativity im not just depends in WC3 Textures.. i made it by my self in photoshop.!
That's fine, I understand you have pride in your work. But models submitted here are not just for their artistic value. They're made to be used in other people's maps. So file size is an extremely important factor for a useful model. It's analogous to the price paid for a product.

In the past few years, people realized that they can use in-game textures instead of having to create new ones. That's changed how people value models compared to back in 2007 and earlier.

Using in-game textures in creative ways is as much about problem-solving as it is art, but it is still art. And it's actually more impressive to make something that uses in-game textures but doesn't seem like it at all because of how great it looks.

So whenever it's possible to use in-game textures, it's best to do so with WC3 models. Some good examples can be seen here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Overall, by finding ways to get the polycount down and by using in-game textures wherever possible, you could probably get your model to look as good as it does now while getting the file size down to 200kb or lower.