• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Unsolved] Unable to stack behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In the attached file is a map with a single Ability.
The ability is using a Persistent Effect casting two Effects:
-Apply Behavior.
-Create Healer.

The Creater Healer effect is validated to not function without the behavior.
The goal of the ability is to have a 5 second Buff that can regenerate a unit's vital with a constant value in addition to a percentage based value. The ability should be stackable, but only to an individual extend: Meaning that the percentage based value must not continue further beyond it's partnered Behavior's duration... Makes sense?

I am simply unable to make this Ability stack the Behavior in spite of changing Stats: Maximum Stack Count.

If I leave the Max Stack Count to it's default value, multiple instances of the Create Healer Effect can still run at the same time within the duration of the Behavior... But the Buff itself is still not stacking, it only refreshes the duration.

If you test the map at it's current state, you will notice that casting the Ability multiple times within 5 seconds will stop the Effect.

[Edit]:
I've found out that the behavior might actually be stacking. But the heal still gets stopped upon trying. I think it's because of the Validator: Value.

-- Solved --
I changed the Validator: Value and the Validator: Compare and the ability now works as intended.

I only have one question now though.
How does much does this Behavior count for? Say, if I use triggers or other abilities that depends on the amount of Buffs a unit has. Because there's only "one" Behavior appearing on the unit, but judging from the effect and the duration when stacking multiple times, it seems there are indeed more than one Behavior in action.

Attachments

• Stacking Behavior.SC2Map
    24.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It will only display the behaviour once in the command card. Each behaviour instance is registered separately with the unit depending on the specified stacking mechanics. I think there is a way to show stack count (seen in Heroes of the Storm) but I do not know how.

Level 8
Thanks for the info. For now I can live without the display as long as it works correctly :)

There is one thing that bothers me though:
Lets say we have 2 of the Behaviors stacked on a unit. In this case there will be 2 Create Healer Effects processing the percantage based value (as intended). But if óne Behavior should be dispelled from the stack (so there's only 1 Behavior Remaining), will both Create Healer Effects still be running or will one be dispelled along with it's paired Behavior?

Edit: I guess I should just go and test it rather than asking x)

Level 8
Turns out the Create Healer Effect does indeed continue on.
I'm gonna try to work around fixing this.

If anyone has any ideas I'm happy to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.