• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unable to Order Unit to Cast Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey there.

I have an issue here. There is a hero, its movement speed is 0. Via triggers I add Blink ability, which is unit ability, not hero. Then I order the hero to cast Warden - Blink in Random Spot in Region, it do not cast and doesn't blink anywhere. Before order, I make unit's movements speed to 1. He has enough mana, Blink got enough of range to be casted. It just won't work. Triggers are fine, none of it actually prevents from casting.

Any ideas how to order unit blink in random spot of region?

Thanks.

Level 14
Lots of leaks yes. It's not because the Tidal Lord doesn't have Blink though since it gets added with triggers.

The problem actually lies with the Tidal Lord's movement speed. If you set it to 1 in the Object Editor, it should be able to cast Blink. (Set its movement speed to 1 doesn't seem to work in triggers.)

Also, make sure the Tidal Lord can see everything in the arena. (You can't cast blink in Black Mask.) You might also want to set the minimum range of the Blink to be lower.

Level 31
Yes it do leak, but I am not going to remove leaks because I don't have enough knowledge how to remove it, also it is Single Player map, so leaks do not matter.

The problem actually lies with the Tidal Lord's movement speed. If you set it to 1 in the Object Editor, it should be able to cast Blink. (Set its movement speed to 1 doesn't seem to work in triggers.)

Alright, thank you for your help. I'll try to set speed to 1 in Object Editor and via triggers set it 0. So when I might need it to blink, I'll reset the movement. Hope that works.

Level 26
Set movement speed should work - unless you (APproject) have wrongly set gameplay constants - meaning that you have to allow low ms value for units (field Minimum movement speed) -> if default 100 used, Set movement speed to 1 will actually set ms to 0 ;/

@APproject Thing that leak. Your most commond leak type is location one so use:
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udgyourPoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.