• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to Create Old Warcraft III Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all,

I remembered playing a game called Artifact TD many years ago (nearly 10 probably) on WCIII. I just downloaded and update WCIII for the first time in probably 7 or 8 years and much to my surprise was able to find the game on the forums. After downloading it, I moved it to the Warcraft Download folder and tried to create a game online. It seems I am unable to do so on Battle.net or LAN. I keep getting an error that the map wasn't found on my PC, even though it does show up as intended.

I'm wondering if this is because the game file I downloaded was from 2009, although I believe this is the last version of this game in particular. Would there happen to be any way to still play this game to date?

Thank you for your help!

Level 3
The map is protected so you would need to deprotect it and then fix the jass code to remove the return bug. But because of the rules (which are stupid in such a case) no one here is allowed to help you.

Level 1
The map is protected so you would need to deprotect it and then fix the jass code to remove the return bug. But because of the rules (which are stupid in such a case) no one here is allowed to help you.
Thank you, I appreciate the information. I'm just so disconnected after not playing for nearly a decade.

Level 38
If you want a roundabout way to try to play it, you could install a separate version of Wc3 with a pre-1.24b patch on it and the map would likely load. Someone around here ought to have links to old game installs you could snag.

And it's not that nobody is allowed to help you. Someone likely would in the case of a very old map nobody is actively developing any more. But like someone came by and wanted to deprotect the current DotA release and that didn't get a warm response.

Status
Not open for further replies.