• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Unable to add special effects of any sort to a custom model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone,

I'm making a map with a lot of custom heroes in it, and I found a model I absolutely love (Direfury's Gnome Arcanist - link below) but I'm having some difficulty with it; added effects such as hero's glow or effects from other characters' buffs don't show up on the model.

I'm not having this issue with the other custom models I've imported (although I've only used 2 others, so small sample size).

For the hero's glow, I had the idea of creating a custom unit with the hero's glow model that moves with the arcanist, but I'm unwilling to do this for every buff I've made/plan on making.

I would absolutely love to use this model, but I don't think I can without fixing this issue.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Link to Direfury's Gnome Arcanist: Gnome Arcanist

Thanks!

Level 41
model has no attachment points, try this
also make sure to add gold/lumber for water/fire elemental versions in these object editor fields
2.png

edit: now that i look at it, second field is probably unnecessary because it uses the same skeleton for all three forms
but "required animation names" and "required attachment link names" for sure are

Attachments

• att_Hero_Arcanist.mdx
    359.1 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.