1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gnome Arcanist

Submitted by Direfury
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
My entry for the current Modelling Contest.

Feel free to use and/or edit this model, so long as you credit me.

EDIT:
Spell effects are more varied now.

Keywords:
Gnome, Arcanist, Mage, Elementalist, Elemental, Fire, Water, Arcane, Magic, Wizard, Sorcerer, Archmage, Hero
Contents

Gnome Arcanist (Model)

Reviews
14:08, 6th Feb 2016 HappyCockroach: Contest material. Once the contest judging is over, it shall be moderated. 19:37, 3rd Mar 2016 HappyCockroach: This is a very interesting and unique model. Two alternate morphs, a wide variety of anims, etc....
  1. 14:08, 6th Feb 2016
    HappyCockroach:
    Contest material. Once the contest judging is over, it shall be moderated.

19:37, 3rd Mar 2016
    HappyCockroach:
    This is a very interesting and unique model. Two alternate morphs, a wide variety of anims, etc. But I think it's a bit too dead in its color scheme and texture definition in comparison to other wc3 models (even if you used in-game textures). Maybe having used more intensely folded fabric/leather and maybe a rope, a pouch, something more would break the dead spirit of the model. Good textures to achieve that are the Witch Doctor, or Medivh, among others. (Note that I don't mean adding colors necessarily, it's about definition - lines, contours, details. The gray-brown scheme isn't an issue. If the texture choice and wrap is improved, I'll instantly raise the model rating to the well-deserved 5/5)
    The animation work is fantastic, though. Great job at doing 37 animations, you might have broken the record. :p ..and it isn't just about quantity, but about quality as well. The functional aspects are all met.

2. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Before anyone asks, yes, he is shooting fire from his feet.

3. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, a really good model, and TC as well. The name Direfury and quality are often used together for a reason and you always fail to disappoint. It also seems really versatile as I could also imagine it as a Goblin mage, or Dwarven mage or a Human mage if it was scaled in a certain way.

4. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks like a jawa

5. cezarynight7

cezarynight7

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look's like black mage from final fantasy 9 XD

6. LegendaryViewer

LegendaryViewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    it's finally released!! (he looks like Veigar from League of Legends)

7. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    wow. everything in this model is great, the usage of textures like the boots icon is really clever and considering how small icon textures are, you pulled it off really well. lots of animations and variety, model is really versatile, great mesh, i like those little details like the spell scrolls on his belt. i for one think the fire on his feet is really neat (that rhymed, i should be a rapper) incorporating one of the elements that he utilizes which is fire.

all in all, great model. looks like my entropic mage is in for a fine bloody duel against your arcanist :D

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Echoing all of the above. Fantastically-detailed model, and quite a creative twist, using the Gold/Lumber animations like that to incorporate two morphs into one model. Sick.

Personally, while I'm always a fan of your SFX & particularly the runic-discs texture, I have to admit you keep using it for model after model; no issue generally, but it kinda becomes staid if it shows up over & over again in a custom mod, IMO.

Also, as a thought, Gnomes tend (to me) to be typically twitchy & jumpy, rather than calculating and deliberate.

9. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Really? That sounds more like a Goblin, to me. Spastic little creatures.

Also, I wasn't exactly trying to give the Arcanist that kind of 'cold, calculating' feel, but more of a... 'flowing with raw power' kind of feel. Like with his Walk Fast, as an example; it seems like he's coming after you, not towards you.

10. ToastAddict1057

ToastAddict1057

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lovely model.

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I agree, but I guess I see Goblins and Gnomes as two sides of the same coin. Both are twitchy mad scientists, IMO. Meh.

Honestly, those kinda go hand-in-hand for me. Though to be fair, I wouldn't know how to extricate one from the other either (i.e. how to make it feel "super-powerful" and "twitchy mad scientist"). I wonder if WoW has anything like that?...

I do like that Walk Fast; as rare as it is to be used, I love the idea of "rocket-shoes" across the ground. : )

12. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't call this a gnome if I were you. It looks (almost) like Vivi from Final Fantasy IX.
    5/5 [if only I could vote a director's cut ^^]

13. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I honestly think this model should have won the contest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ commenting so I can rate it.

14. Lordlycan

Lordlycan

Resources:
    Resources:
    black mage from final fantasy anyone?

15. 3xKataratos

3xKataratos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gr8 model !!
    I am trying to use it but all special effects ''Like Healing /Roars/Curses'' doesnt seem to show at all on Arcanist , I tried dif attachment points but still the same result . Can any1 help ???